Page 298 of 323 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 3222

Thread: the Int Watch League Pet of the Month

Terence overheating Name:  20220423_144212.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  54.4 KB
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    Yesterday I had to say good to my best friend for the last 14 years of my life. As I type this out through tears I try to remember all the good times.

I got her as a Christmas present from my sister. I can remember almost walking out of the store when my sister pointed out this sad, pathetic looking dog that was kept seperate from all the other dogs because of kennel cough. But once I got her out of the store her real personality can't out and I instantly fell in love.

Oh how she loved balls and chasing them. I can recall times when I'd be taking bath she'd come in to drop the ball in the water waiting for me to throw it.

When I would get up in the morning she would always want to go out on the deck of my condo so she could sun herself. As the sun moved she would move along with it until about 10:00 when it would go behind the building and she would look at me like "What the hell? Bring it back!"

Taking her to the dog park where they would have water bowls set up. Lucy instead of drinking the water would just splash all the water out of the bowls and look at me all proud of herself.

Perhaps one of my favorite stories was one her foster parents told me. They had an invisible dog fence for some of their other dogs but hadn't put a collar on Lucy yet. Well it didn't take her long to figure out where she could go but the other dogs couldn't. So she would take the toys just to the other side of the fence and drop them daring the other dogs to come get them. That was SO Lucy.

I've been told by my wife I should give credit to Lucy for meeting her because she fell in love my pictures of Lucy. Thank you Lucy.

Once Lucy met her dog Watson they became fast friends. She would literally take every one of Watson's toys out and destroy his favorite ones right in front of him. He would sit there and take it. She was definitely the boss between the two.

While we we out one day they decided to get into and eat a bag a flour. Why flour? We have no idea but I'm sure it was Lucy's idea.

Rest in peace Lucy. You were one of the best things that ever happened to me and I hope I was one of the best things that happened to you. I'll never forget you and I'll love you forever.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonestar View Post
    Taking her to the dog park where they would have water bowls set up. Lucy instead of drinking the water would just splash all the water out of the bowls and look at me all proud of herself.
    I literally laughed out loud at this...

So sorry to read this. It's such a painful thing to experience. RIP Lucy. What a character...
    Last edited by gnuyork; Apr 28, 2022 at 06:04 PM.

3. Likes theague, Lonestar, Henry Krinkle liked this post

Well it just felt right so we decided to go visit a rescue and found Betty. She'll never take the place of Lucy but all I wanted was the same feeling I had when I first met Lucy. Within 30 seconds I knew we weren't leaving without her. She won't sit still but this is what the rescue posted

OMG. New dog day! Congrats, enjoy in good health
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Congrats @Lonestar. She's cute. How old is she?
    She's about 10 months. Seems to be house trained. Not crated trained.

9. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Congrats on the new addition to the family!
    Kody

Name:  20220526_210830.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  70.0 KB
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

This is Gacek [GAH-tsek]:

Name:  signal-2022-05-31-174933_002.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  83.3 KB

Gacek is apparently king of my hometown: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ko...94322?hl=en-US

Today I was picking up new eyeglasses literally a couple of metres so I went and paid him my tribute, and the tribute was accepted:

Name:  signal-2022-05-31-174933_004.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  68.4 KB

After I picked up the glasses I went back to him to take a pic and he recognised me, got out of his shelter and let me pet him.