Likes Likes:  11,770
Page 262 of 323 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 3222

Thread: the Int Watch League Pet of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Hi Sherry! Good to see you dropping in for a visit!
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Ha! Hello dear! Been a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Sherry's back! Sherry's back!
    Yeah...life got a bit serious last fall and over winter and i kinda drifted away from IWL and even my own watch hobby activities. And then the pandemic hit, so my mental energy has been focused elsewhere. But I missed this place and all you great folks, and hope to post a bit more soon.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Yeah...life got a bit serious last fall and over winter and i kinda drifted away from IWL and even my own watch hobby activities. And then the pandemic hit, so my mental energy has been focused elsewhere. But I missed this place and all you great folks, and hope to post a bit more soon.

~Sherry.

Glad you are back, Sherry!

3. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    One new addition to our clowder since I posted last. This is Kula, a "community cat" (not a true feral, but unhomed and not well socialized with people) we adopted in April through the cat rescue society I'm with. We were doing TNR with a feral colony, and he was just barely social enough to warrant not returning him to the wild with the true ferals we trapped. He was very thin, very scared, and needed extensive dental work, but that's all behind him now. He's a lovely cat, but our other cats are having a lot of difficulty adapting to having him in our home. No idea why. Maybe it's because he's young and rambunctious, where our other cats are older and more sedate? Or maybe it's just one of those inexplicable cat things.
    First day home and just out of the hospital after neuter and dental surgery:
    Name:  Kula1 copy.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  43.9 KBName:  Newcat13.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  71.4 KB

And now:
    Name:  Kulanew4.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  165.6 KBName:  Kula tongue1.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  106.1 KBName:  Kulanew7.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  90.7 KB

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Squee
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

6. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    ^^^
    He's beautiful with his rogue-like look!

I heard or read years ago that it can be very stressful for older cats when younger ones are taken into the family, esp. if they're not kittens, as it's shaking their established way of life and territory influences.

8. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    ^^^
    He's beautiful with his rogue-like look!

I heard or read years ago that it can be very stressful for older cats when younger ones are taken into the family, esp. if they're not kittens, as it's shaking their established way of life and territory influences.
    Yes, it's true. But also depends on the temperament of the cats. There have been instances here where I've brought in younger cats into an older crew, and had it go spectacularly well. Kula still exhibits his rough tendencies from living wild, so that probably isn't helping.

10. Likes rodia77, skywatch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Yes, it's true. But also depends on the temperament of the cats. There have been instances here where I've brought in younger cats into an older crew, and had it go spectacularly well. Kula still exhibits his rough tendencies from living wild, so that probably isn't helping.
    We have an interesting counterpoint to your situation. For about a year, we have been feeding a family of four TNR feral. They are quite wild, except they will let me get within a few feet of them if I have food. One of them is fascinated by our house and snuck in once or twice, only to panic and try desperately to find the nearest escape. But a neighbor of ours with two little children adopted a rescue kitten around six months ago, and he started coming over to our back yard to escape the 5-year-old kinetic energy. At first he was very tame and loved me to pet him. Now though, he is more mature and he seems to be learning feral behavior from the other cats, who tolerate him. I think he's actually modeling feral behavior and becoming more wild. Not much we can do, as he's not our cat, but it is interesting to watch.

Here are the three feral siblings, how I sometimes find them in the morning.

Name:  3CatsBenchSm.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  92.8 KB
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

12. Likes rodia77, popoki nui, shameless, gnuyork, Greg liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    We have an interesting counterpoint to your situation. For about a year, we have been feeding a family of four TNR feral. They are quite wild, except they will let me get within a few feet of them if I have food. One of them is fascinated by our house and snuck in once or twice, only to panic and try desperately to find the nearest escape. But a neighbor of ours with two little children adopted a rescue kitten around six months ago, and he started coming over to our back yard to escape the 5-year-old kinetic energy. At first he was very tame and loved me to pet him. Now though, he is more mature and he seems to be learning feral behavior from the other cats, who tolerate him. I think he's actually modeling feral behavior and becoming more wild. Not much we can do, as he's not our cat, but it is interesting to watch.

Here are the three feral siblings, how I sometimes find them in the morning.

Name:  3CatsBenchSm.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  92.8 KB
    Awww, what a great pic! Such pretty kitties...thank you for feeding them.

14. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Awww, what a great pic! Such pretty kitties...thank you for feeding them.
    I'm a bit of a full time critterfeeder around here. The feral cats are a poor substitute for our pet cats who both aged past their warrantee period over a decade ago. My wife realized she was allergic so we didn't replace them, although we miss them dearly. The only downside to the feral feline residency is that I had to stop feeding the little birds, so that I wouldn't end up feeding the birds to the cats. However, I do feed the crows out front at the same times when I feed the cats in the back yard, as the crows are smart enough to stay uneaten.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

16. Likes rodia77, popoki nui liked this post

18. Likes rodia77, Greg, popoki nui, gnuyork liked this post