Likes Likes:  52
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that you want that they're never going to make

Things that you want that they're never going to make

I would like a GMT watch, but instead of the second dozen hours being called 13, 14, 15 etc on the dial, I would like it to say 1pm, 2pm, 3pm etc.

Usually I don't understand 24 hour clock instantaneously - I instead "translate" it into regular time - so having markings like "6pm" would give this function the same "at a glance" quality as the rest of the watch
    Last edited by Der Amf; May 19, 2015 at 04:29 PM.

2. Likes Perseus, JAGtime, gnuyork liked this post
    A basic, time only, small seconds, classically styled Patek Phillippe. In stainless steel.

4. Likes JAGtime, gnuyork liked this post
    Rolex Explorer 1 in the 39mm case with longer hands and lume on the numerals.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

6. Likes JAGtime, N/A liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    A basic, time only, small seconds, classically styled Patek Phillippe. In stainless steel.
    Ref 3923, no?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Digital Submariner.

9. Likes I-B, popoki nui liked this post
    Rolex Sub with date, no cyclops

11. Likes JAGtime, I-B, germy liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Ref 3923, no?
    Presumably the cost saving of being made in SS is undone by it being a LE of 150?

Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    Rolex Sub with date, no cyclops
    I've always assumed that half the time the reason people choose the more expensive Deep Sea is just to avoid the cyclops

Great thread idea!

- I want a no date Planet Ocean in titanium that is as thin as the 2500 with standard black dial and micro adjust bracelet clasp from the new 300.

- Tudor Ranger in 39-40mm case with a white dial like the Rolex Air King

- Tudor Pelagos with a darker shade of blue ceramic. I haven't seen it in person so maybe it's alright, but some photos is looks like cheap plastic.

- Junghans Meister Chronoscope without the day, date, and coating over the acrylic crystal preventing you from buffing out scratches. Or a no date Max Bill Chronoscope with a display back, white dial and no coating on the acrylic. See how flexible I am?

15. Likes JAGtime, germy liked this post
    A new Panerai with a big domed acrylic crystal, handwound 8-day movement with no sub seconds and heat blued hands.

Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum