Likes Likes:  52
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that you want that they're never going to make

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean
    When I see the time as "16.00" I (very quickly) translate "16" to "4pm" and then I know. For some reason, despite the millions of times I've used 24 hour clock, its still not second nature to me (and I do occasionally in writing make errors)

If the GMT dial on a watch were to say:
    1am, 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am, 6am, 7am, 8am, 9am, 10am, 11am, noon, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, 9pm, 10pm, 11pm, midnight
    then I wouldn't have this moment of translation.

That moment of translation, incidentally, is no shorter than the time it takes me to look at the time and, say, deduct 5 hours to get US East Coast time, so my getting a GMT watch would be fairly pointless
    Last edited by Der Amf; May 19, 2015 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    When I see the time as "16.00" I (very quickly) translate "16" to "4pm" and then I know. For some reason, despite the millions of times I've used 24 hour clock, its still not second nature to me (and I do occasionally in writing make errors)

1am, 2am, 3am, 4am, 5am, 6am, 7am, 8am, 9am, 10am, 11am, noon, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, 9pm, 10pm, 11pm, midnight

That moment of translation, incidentally, is no shorter than the time it takes me to look at the time and, say, deduct 5 hours to get US East Coast time, so my getting a GMT watch would be fairly pointless
    I'm thinking that would be quite a cluttered dial

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I'm thinking that would be quite a cluttered dial
    In a world where every chronograph has a pointless tachy, I think this could be coped with

I leave the GMT hand on my Explorer II on 24hr time, that way I can do the translation instantly at a glance instead of taking that couple seconds in my head. Spend a lot of time in hospital so it's really handy.

In a world where every chronograph has a pointless tachy, I think this could be coped with
    If all this can fit on a bezel surely 2pm, 3pm, etc can as well.

6. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    I'd like a Speedy Pro with the stainless bezel from the 57 Broad Arrow.
    They have way too many references of them over the years to know if that actually exists or not. Maybe it does. Idea
    ly a 9300, without the 9300 case back thickness or price tag

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    I'd like a Speedy Pro with the stainless bezel from the 57 Broad Arrow.
    They have way too many references of them over the years to know if that actually exists or not. Maybe it does. Idea
    ly a 9300, without the 9300 case back thickness or price tag
    Surely Omega have the intention off covering every single possible combination in due course?

Tudor Pelegos or Black Bay Heritage for $1500. A man can dream, can't he?

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

42mm Rolex sub date no cyclops. Yes I have a Deep sea but a thinner lighter watch. I'll keep my DSSD for now!!
    Omega Speedmaster Ed White

Omega PO Chrono 45
    Rolex DSSD
    Seiko Pogue gold
    Deep Blue diver
    Zodiac oceanaire
    many Citizen and Seiko from the years.

Quote Originally Posted by timekeeper View Post
    42mm Rolex sub date no cyclops.
    I tell my guy at the AD that every single time I walk in and he asks me what I'm after today. Would buy that in a heartbeat. He said everyone else would too.

12. Likes timekeeper liked this post