Likes Likes:  24
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shout out to Man of Kent

Hybrid View

Shout out to Man of Kent

So MoK was running a post about watch cases and the 2824 I offered to take his "spare" sub style case off of his hands if he decided that he didn't want it, he gifted it to me and it arrived yesterday
    Here is the content of the package, my movement is also shown

it included a nice omega style dial, which has ended up in me Squale and these hands, which don't reall fit the watch style I think and I will be changing them at a later date.
    In my parts boxes I had this zodiac red dot dial, the case style is very close to what I remember the red dots to look like so I thought I would try the dial on this project
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  76.9 KB
    The beater/dive team

Not bad for the cost and it will likely end up as my loaner, emergency back up piece in my dive gear bag. from the left parts watch with 8215, currently is my loaner, the Squale 101 with new dial, parts watch that after dive testing will probably end up in the dive box, Omega SMP with model dial.
    thank you Man of Kent this was very generous.
    Last edited by Lexvil; May 20, 2015 at 09:31 PM.

He's like that. He bought me a Pepsi at a gtg . DW.

sent from Billy super-Duper

3. Likes OhDark30, man of kent, geoffbot liked this post
    Thanks Lex, that dial and hands mod looks fantastic. I was just passing on some good karma from Scottjc who kindly offered one of his spare cases!

5. Likes DJW GB, scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by man of kent View Post
    Thanks Lex, that dial and hands mod looks fantastic. I was just passing on some good karma from Scottjc who kindly offered one of his spare cases!

Shame that my case didn't work out for you but I'm glad you had the opportunity to pass the favour on.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

I switched the mesh for a BC rubber, here are the two transplant recipients
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  106.0 KB

8. Likes DJW GB, man of kent liked this post
    Really like the hands.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Nice looking Zodiac. What size is the case? Judging from the Seamaster next to it, I'm guessing 38mm. Is the minute hand Seiko? I like the hour and seconds hands, but not sure about the minutes hand. Overall, I really like it.

I really need to send off my Sea Wolf for service.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Its not a zodiac, although not much different than the original, I may paint out the logo when I change the hands. The hands fit the 2824 and usually I have to open the holes a bit to fit Seiko hands. The two loaners are parts watches put together for fun and no worry loans to divers who need a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Nice looking Zodiac. What size is the case? Judging from the Seamaster next to it, I'm guessing 38mm. Is the minute hand Seiko? I like the hour and seconds hands, but not sure about the minutes hand. Overall, I really like it.

I really need to send off my Sea Wolf for service.

-hayday

It looks nice no matter what you call it!

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

I respect anyone who builds their own dive watches! I hope you have a dive computer as your main instrument on each dive.
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme