Likes Likes:  122
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Seiko divers

Only 1 left now, SBDX001 MM300, previously had a Spork as well.

A bit of an old picture but it still looks as good....
    Name:  DSC_0562.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  41.5 KB

2. Likes gnuyork, synequano liked this post

Seiko divers

Currently only have this:

Previously though:

Last edited by litlmn; Oct 14, 2019 at 12:32 PM.

Currently I have the Monster and Turtle. The Turtle was one of my "grails" for a while--one reason was the movie "The Abyss", one of my all-time favourite sci-fi/underwater flicks. And I had the old Monster before but sold it. Then a special deal popped up on amazon--150€, which was just too good to pass up. I actually like the newer version more because of the hacking movement and the hour markers that better fit the hands. Too bad they now went back to the old design on the 3rd gen Monster.

The lume on the Monster is still kick-a$$ and the brightest in my collection. The Turtle is a little less bright but more than adequate. I prefer the bezel-action of the Turtle. The Monster always had a slightly "cheap" feel to the bezel and that is true for the old one or the new. But both great watches and IMO well worth the money.
    Cheers, Sedi

My first Seiko diver has arrived! I see what people mean about the torch-like lume, even in daylight.

SPB107 Topper Jewelers Ninja LE (500 pieces) MM200 case with diashield scratch protection, brushed top, polished sides and back. The MM200 case sits so well on the wrist. It hasn't budged all day, in combination with the very comfortable Seiko silicon that I may shorten it slightly.

This has given me another thread idea: watch ideas you persist with despite better judgment. For me, it's black watches. Seiko don't seem to do blacked out divers or sports watches with any regularity, hence the gap in the market filled by this LE. This is my 4th and final attempt at a black watch. I have high hopes that this one will stick, being wearable with classic dive aesthetic, outstanding legibility and (hopefully) good durability.

Name:  fullsizeoutput_36fe.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  70.4 KB

I have a few in the stable, some are more toolwatch than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes synequano, yokied, Sedi liked this post
    An 'imposter'...

Name:  2503.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  160.7 KB
    Name:  Imposter.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  65.7 KB

Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

9. Likes CFR, synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    An 'imposter'...

Name:  2503.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  160.7 KB
    Name:  Imposter.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  65.7 KB

Only slightly
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

So the Twilight MM200 arrived. I've sat on this one for several days, worried that it might look a little trite or LE-ish or mod-ish. Thankfully, in less-than-sunlight, the blue on the dial is quite a muted steely turquoise and it all comes together pretty well, like a slightly jazzy PADI, as this rather uninspired indoor shot shows. It pops in sunlight, as you'd expect.

The Seiko silicons might be thick but they're a bit underrated IMHO. The Uncle Seiko waffle is nice but it doesn't hold it all snugly in place quite as well as the Seiko seems to do.

Name:  fullsizeoutput_373d.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  62.2 KB
    Last edited by yokied; Oct 23, 2019 at 01:31 PM.

12. Likes synequano, Fantasio liked this post