Likes Likes:  22

Thread: Anthony Bourdain watch collection up for sale

Anthony Bourdain watch collection up for sale

I am in no way associated with or promoting this website, it is just simply where I stumbled across the information.

Click this link if you would like to read the story.

https://brobible.com/gear/article/an...rdain-watches/

Retired from Fire/Rescue on 1/05/2019 with 30 years on the job

2. Likes Seriously, CFR liked this post
    I had to look him up
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    I had to look him up

Me too - then I remembered I’d had to look him up before.

Blog Entries
    Bourdain was a treasure in the foodie world. The most unstuffy of food writers, downright crusty most of the time. His travel shows celebrated indigenous cuisine and people, rather than the high-end exclusive "gourmet" scene. His tragedy was a lifetime of addiction and self-destructive behavior. He had a lot to offer the world, and his suicide made me sad. I am not sure I would want to own one of his watches, to be honest. (But I will take a look at the link.)
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Bourdain was a treasure in the foodie world. The most unstuffy of food writers, downright crusty most of the time. His travel shows celebrated indigenous cuisine and people, rather than the high-end exclusive "gourmet" scene. His tragedy was a lifetime of addiction and self-destructive behavior. He had a lot to offer the world, and his suicide made me sad. I am not sure I would want to own one of his watches, to be honest. (But I will take a look at the link.)

Well said.

His suicide was made more meaningful to me because of a friend who was suffering through some of his own demons at the same time. He had two people in his close circle take their own lives about the same time as Bourdain. My friend called me one day and asked me to come to his house and collect all his firearms. He wasn't necessarily planning to kill himself, but he was struggling with the loss of friends, depression, and other emotional issues. He was concerned that his firearms gave him easy access to a solution.

I still have my friend's firearms in my safe. He's doing well with medication and therapy. I'm really happy he's still around.

If you or someone you know is struggling, call the National Suicide Prevention Hotline - 8002738255.