Likes Likes:  0

Thread: First Post Basel Ball Release EMII Skindiver 2

First Post Basel Ball Release EMII Skindiver 2

This is the newer larger (43mm up from 40mm) Skindiver. The Skindiver is based on a 1962 limited production Ball dive watch. If you check the Ball Basel thread there are several videos including one with Ball US President Jeff Hess discussing the 1962 model.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Lovely watch. But I will never understand the cockeyed date window position at 4 o'clock. Personally, I feel it ruins many otherwise great looking divers.

Just my 2 cents.

Love this one, even though I'd prefer no date.

I actually thought it was out already. Looked around online in the weekend and couldn't even find pricing so apparently not. For a reasonable price I would definitely consider picking it up.

And the date window the way it is is still a HUGE improvement over the day/date layout of the 40mm model.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    Love this one, even though I'd prefer no date.

I actually thought it was out already. Looked around online in the weekend and couldn't even find pricing so apparently not. For a reasonable price I would definitely consider picking it up.

And the date window the way it is is still a HUGE improvement over the day/date layout of the 40mm model.
    This will shock most, but other than the COSC movement I see this as a misstep by Ball. The 40mm version fit, finish, size and balance was nearly perfect for all wrist sizes. The split day/date is a Ball thing like cyclopes are a Rolex thing. The 40mm was a good place to build a higher end version with some more color, some texture and applied indexes on the dial. The only flaw the 43mm version solved is putting the numbers and markings on the ceramic bezel on a diet. I fear the 43mm will wear too big and mess up the balance. I'll hold judgement until I can actually try it on.
    Last edited by Samanator; May 26, 2015 at 11:11 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!