Likes Likes:  45
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aspects of a watch you feel are overrated

Ultra high WR (1000m or more) most of us won’t use it anyways

Precious metal or rusty metal

Bad overall legibility of the watch

2. Likes Seriously liked this post

I'll respond in the same way I did to the other post, the list of what I want in a watch is so short, it's much easier than what I think is overrated, for me.

I need WR as most of my watches see water, often, and much more than a "splashing". I will not purchase, other than a dressy watch, anything under 100m WR. That's why my Speedy Pro did not stick, a sports watch with a questionable, everyone always asking if it's OK 50m WR? Yes, I get that I could have swam with it according to Omega, but I'm not convinced I wanted to chance it with a 5K watch. What are they thinking? And yes, I know, there is no water on the moon.

I don't need a date, I never set them as I'm on my phone and laptop so much, I can't forget what day it is.

That's about all I need save for the watch being aesthetically pleasing, the right size, and in most instances other than affordables, mechanical ...I am an open minded WIS!

5. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Would you swim with a watch with 10m wr?
    Probably, depending on the watch. If I was really worried about it, then no. But that's my point. If I'm THAT worried no amount of water resistance will be adequate.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
    Really, My Turtle sees the ocean at least a few times a week. I'd feel naked without a watch on my wrist. I'm only watchless while showering or sleeping.

I'm only not wearing a watch in the shower.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Patina.

Real or fake? Real patina can be pretty cool looking, whereas fauxtina looks cool until you realize it's fake.

Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Real or fake? Real patina can be pretty cool looking, whereas fauxtina looks cool until you realize it's fake.
    The induced/ fake patina is hardly acceptable. The real patina can look good or horrible - it's always a case to case scenario.

10. Likes hayday liked this post

You won’t be going for this Erbstück then?
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

12. Likes CFR, synequano, Cybotron, hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post

Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

14. Likes OhDark30, CFR, synequano, hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    I have to admit that those came to my mind, while I was writing my post.