Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Scheidegg

Another Scheidegg

Some of you may remember my entry in the More for a Score competition a few months back. Not only was I disqualified from a winning position but I ended up trading it so never got to wear it in full working condition.
    So, I saw another, with a much more interesting dial. Again, it was in dubious condition with the second hand rattling around inside the case and an unknown quantity of bracelet.
    This turned up yesterday, you can see the second hand lying in the bottom left hand corner of the dial.

I removed the case back and the auto wind mechanism fell out. Luckily the screws were also there so that was an easy fix, as was refixing the second hand. The half bracelet was an altogether different issue. Anyway, after fixing the missing/loose part and a bit of spit and polish I ended up with this.

I have managed to source a replacement for the integrated bracelet but, while I wait for that to arrive, I took a bracelet from another watch so that I could at least check for any timing issues. So here's the obligatory wrist shot.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

Yeah, I think that one would have won, too

3. Likes scottjc liked this post
    Am I right in thinking this one looks quite nimble in comparison with some of the others?

And I think we've found the right style for Man of Kent, wouldn't you say?

5. Likes scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Am I right in thinking this one looks quite nimble in comparison with some of the others?

And I think we've found the right style for Man of Kent, wouldn't you say?

Not sure if nimble is the right word. One of my fellow Rado collectors says that it is too chunky for his wrist. It's perfect for mine though.

The coming-out-of-the-bracelet matches your size wrist just right

The coming-out-of-the-bracelet matches your size wrist just right

I agree, the correct bracelet looks even better. I think this one is a keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    Some of you may remember my entry in the More for a Score competition a few months back. Not only was I disqualified from a winning position but I ended up trading it so never got to wear it in full working condition.
    So, I saw another, with a much more interesting dial. Again, it was in dubious condition with the second hand rattling around inside the case and an unknown quantity of bracelet.
    This turned up yesterday, you can see the second hand lying in the bottom left hand corner of the dial.

I removed the case back and the auto wind mechanism fell out. Luckily the screws were also there so that was an easy fix, as was refixing the second hand. The half bracelet was an altogether different issue. Anyway, after fixing the missing/loose part and a bit of spit and polish I ended up with this.

I have managed to source a replacement for the integrated bracelet but, while I wait for that to arrive, I took a bracelet from another watch so that I could at least check for any timing issues. So here's the obligatory wrist shot.
    Cool dial on that one- nice imitation of some kind of igneous rock. That's some luck that the Cologny bracelet fits. Rado used so many different sized inserts on the fitted bracelets.

Yeah, I think that one would have won, too

Unfortunately it cost a little more than £20. Almost that in customs fees!

11. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    That's some luck that the Cologny bracelet fits. Rado used so many different sized inserts on the fitted bracelets.

The Cologny is sat in a drawer currently not running so the bracelet is currently unused. The tc inserts look a bit unusual but it works in a strange kind of way.

Beautiful dial color. Very nice.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx