Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brushed or Shiny ?

Brushed or Shiny ?

Brushed or Shiny ?

Do you have a preference ?

Or maybe even a bit of both on the same casing ??

Or maybe even bead blasted ??

Me?...... I can fall for either (or all three)
    (it's certainly not a showstopper)

I guess shiny can really show the marks sooner, but I do like one with a high gloss that you can see your face in but a nice brushed works well. and bead blasted is just lovely too

So basically I like 'em all

Todays example for me: All brushed

How about you ??

Do post examples (I'll PM you my address on request)
    Last edited by Seriously; Oct 17, 2019 at 09:13 AM.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

I don't have a straight answer and I suspect most of us, don't. It really depends on the watch.
    Last edited by CFR; Oct 17, 2019 at 09:23 AM.

3. Likes Seriously, rodia77, synequano liked this post
    Good answer

But I still need thoughts

and pics - of particularly good examples maybe ? or even bad ones ?
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Brushed or Shiny ?

I enjoy the interplay of brushed and shiny surfaces (the Strela too, shiny bezel & lugs with horizontally brushed sides

Too much shiny is a bad thing: I had to tidy my flat every wruw with this Sea Gull
    So my taste for vintage watches with thin bezels is practical as well as aesthetics :-)

And I’m happy with bead-blasted now and again. It adds to the toolish vibe of the Aviator
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

6. Likes Seriously, synequano liked this post
    Both
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

8. Likes Seriously, OhDark30, litlmn, gnuyork, synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I don't have a straight answer and I suspect most of us, don't. It really depends on the watch.
    Yup. I agree with this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

Pretty much depends, though I hate polished bracelets. I prefer brushed cases, but don't mind a polished one if done well.

Blog Entries
    I like some polished accents here and there, but I prefer it when the majority of the finish is brushed.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

I like a blend of both, and no issues with a fully polished case either (of fully brushed depending on the watch)... I like my new Hamilton a lot, but my least favorite part is the sand blasted matt case. I wish it were brushed or a combo of brushed/polished like the older Khaki field.

combo of both brushed/polished surfaces

all polished... I would think the Orient Star with the blue hands and bracelet might be more popular than this one, but what I like is the understated aspect of this... and with this model the case is all polished where the blue hands model has some brushed surfaces (top of lugs and other areas)...it's a subtle difference, but I appreciate that, and with this watch I feel the all polished case and the silver hands/ white silver sunburst dial make it more dressy (in a good way)... I call it my poor man's Patek
    Last edited by gnuyork; Oct 17, 2019 at 01:25 PM.

13. Likes synequano liked this post
    I think Omega looks great with a blend of polished/brushed... the curved lugs really shine

Last edited by gnuyork; Oct 17, 2019 at 01:33 PM.

15. Likes synequano liked this post