Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wowie!

Wowie!

So saw this at the other place, really like what I see, especially the Model 2 fume dial work, whatcha all think?

anOrdain
    Last edited by uchinanchu; Oct 17, 2019 at 05:27 PM.

2. Likes Seriously, CFR liked this post
    This looks nice:
    Name:  6D12654B-2ED2-42CC-A214-E41C3C1E5589.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  58.7 KB

Damn, sold out
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

4. Likes uchinanchu, synequano, CFR, hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    This looks nice:

Damn, sold out
    Yeah, quite popular I guess . . . maybe other models forthcoming (prolly, hopefully) will entice you . . .

The white dial version looks kind of nice:

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 12.28.18 PM.png
Views: 205
Size:  274.3 KB

But...36mm doesn't work for me, nor does the lack of running seconds. Price isn't particularly cheap, either.

That ‘model one’ that I liked seemed just right, 38mm £1050 - didn’t mention vat on that , maybe that was in the early years before they had to register for vat

I too am not keen on 36mm, nor do I like the crown guard on the current models , I don’t like the exact text ‘vitreous enamel’ on the dial either - it should be obvious and not necessary to say it on the dial, it cheapens it slightly. Maybe they should frenchify that.

£1000, cream and the original case and I could be in.

You’d think if they sold 300 of the 38 - it was obviously a good design - so why would you drop to 36mm for the new model ?
    Last edited by Seriously; Oct 17, 2019 at 05:39 PM.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

That ‘model one’ that I liked seemed just right, 38mm £1050 - didn’t mention vat on that , maybe that was in the early years before they had to register for vat

I too am not keen on 36mm, nor do I like the crown guard on the current models , I don’t like the exact text ‘vitreous enamel’ on the dial either - it should be obvious and not necessary to say it on the dial, it cheapens it slightly. Maybe they should frenchify that.

£1000, cream and the original case and I could be in.

You’d think if they sold 300 of the 38 - it was obviously a good design - so why would you drop to 36mm for the new model ?
    Good points, I agree 38 sounds better than 36, at least on paper . . . I forget who/where but in a review the point on the small size wearing fine was made, prolly just part of the marketing though, not sure. Even though no indices on the model 2, I think a running central seconds hand would be cool, I think the original fume dial models had that but they dropped that too with the new ones . . .

Quote Originally Posted by uchinanchu View Post
    Good points, I agree 38 sounds better than 36, at least on paper . . . I forget who/where but in a review the point on the small size wearing fine was made, prolly just part of the marketing though, not sure. Even though no indices on the model 2, I think a running central seconds hand would be cool, I think the original fume dial models had that but they dropped that too with the new ones . . .
    It’s the same Sellita movement isn’t it ?
    Maybe they could add the seconds hand on request ?

I don’t like the outline font models, not least cos of that font or case
    Watches for SALE:

It’s the same Sellita movement isn’t it ?
    Maybe they could add the seconds hand on request ?
    Yeah I think so, good point thank you sir!!!

Quote Originally Posted by uchinanchu View Post
    Yeah I think so, good point thank you sir!!!
    Model 1 was a sw200, the others are sw210
    Watches for SALE:

12. Likes uchinanchu liked this post
    Model 1 was a sw200, the others are sw210
    Same hand stack.

14. Likes Seriously, uchinanchu liked this post