Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **** Vintage ETERNA tell me more ****

**** Vintage ETERNA tell me more ****

Well this is a sorta follow on from my omega thread looking at price they was out for now

So thought Eterna they are a under appreciated brand on the levels of omega ? and have a clean classical not over complicated look for the most part and they did the mech and quartz and hybrid so nice choice but whats the average cost of a second hand one and what would you go for and what are your favourite models. and your views on them and the brand in general ?

As always ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

so thinking on should I go for this or not

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    so thinking on should I go for this or not

Gold dials aren’t for me, but I’d rather have better photos to judge the condition of the case.

yeah I did not think they was me either but when looking at omegas did not seem to mind them must be getting old ..nearly bought a gold long service watch early

will show pics as wasn't going to as did not want to jinks my chances but as it looks like it has some water damaged by the five and six and not sure bout the hands think they have been touched up will do some more pics from seller

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

The over-wide strap obscures the lugs, which is a pity. The case also looks a bit manky at ‘6’.

Personally, I’d pass, unless it was very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    The over-wide strap obscures the lugs, which is a pity. The case also looks a bit manky at ‘6’.

Personally, I’d pass, unless it was very cheap.
    yeah it was £120 which is sorta ok depending on condition I would not want to go more then maybe half that their was a open to offers but could not see them going half way so yeah more I look at it the more I think looks great till you start to give it a good look then little things start to pop out don't they
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

I've long been a fan of Eterna, and tend to focus on the hand-wind models; since I service most of my watches myself, manuals just make my life a bit easier.

Their movements have always struck me as very pretty and nicely finished. They are a real joy to work on.

Name:  DSC_0360.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  59.2 KB

Name:  DSC_0361.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  67.1 KB

8. Likes is that my watch, tribe125, gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregoire View Post
    I've long been a fan of Eterna, and tend to focus on the hand-wind models; since I service most of my watches myself, manuals just make my life a bit easier.

Their movements have always struck me as very pretty and nicely finished. They are a real joy to work on.

Name:  DSC_0360.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  59.2 KB

Name:  DSC_0361.jpg
Views: 316
Size:  67.1 KB
    yes they seem to have good movements in them and not terrible prices from what I saw and they don't seem to get messed with as much as say omega from what I am seeing / guessing. as always like them but have not done that much on them so yes very patchy knowledge on them could be worth while thread idea to some one who knows more about them then me
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Feel the same about gold watches that are not actually made of gold , especially gold with gold faces !!!!
    Having said that ETerna are exactly as you say , a very innovative and high quality of old, completely underrated generally but certainly o n a par with OMega
    Real value for the mone y they command , under the radar as far as collectability at the moment but I think I that could change a good buy at the money , check out a site called ETERNA FANATIC , based in Holland from memory he has some nice examples both for sale and in his own collection , I have had a couple from him in the past , real nice condition stuff but he is quite an abrupt *rse .to deal with although that maybe a language translation thing , I think the purchase of a vintage Kontiki would never lose you money

11. Likes is that my watch, gnuyork liked this post
    well most mine are plated gold but my smiths is solid I do believe . I prefer solid silver but saying that I do have some nice 60's Russian gold plate ones too just solid gold don't tend to last as well with wear so for longevity I like a copper or zinc mix to give it strength
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy