Likes Likes:  215
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Saturday - 19 October 2019 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post

And your pics sure don’t help me in this dilemma!

Sent from Maxwell Smart's shoe.
    What can I say? Sorry...

The GMT Master is more comfortable on this wrist, than the SubC, despite being only slightly thinner, but I agree: the current prices are unacceptable.

2. Likes Fantasio liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    A friend got one of those, recently. I know Steinhart has the debatable "homage" approach, but it's the 3rd watch from them that I had the opportunity to handle and I must admit they do make a very solid product. At their price point, they're almost impossible to beat.
    yes mate bought because I liked the look of it not because it looks like anything else they can get a bad rep I suppose in some ways with some of their model looks and for those I can sort see their point maybe ... I just like it in itself as a nice looking solid tool watch with a comfortable bracelet got to be honest this is a first run I did not like the lume on the later ones ( I was worry as I paid more then I normal do on a watch I would worry when wearing in case of damage but have not felt that way ) so yeah one of my daily wear when I trim down is finished it safe for the minute along with my rado mecca quartz and my seiko lm for now still trying to get to the ismy bakers dozen
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes gnuyork, CFR liked this post
    Speedy Saturday:

Kids away for the weekend at a scout camp, wife visiting old school friends 350 km away. My schedule is 3,5 hours of kenjutsu training with mates, and then off to downtown for a solo pub crawl. You gotta hydrate and refuel after hard physical training.

First stop, simultaneously premium league football and national icehockey on screen.

Next stop, a former school converted to a brew pub. Having house beer and a burger.

Third stop, a former bank turned into a pub. Nice decorations, but cliantele mostly even older then me.

Riverside and cathedral look nice in autumn night.

Fourth stop, a former pharmacy currently guess what? Even Michael Jackson (the beer guy) has visited the spot.

Last stop, my favourite pub. Quiet place off the city centre, some proper beers and great selection of whiskies. A nice and cosy getaway IMO.

Having some 6% Icelandic porter, can’t remember the name.

Not a bad Saturday after a shitty week.

Sent from Maxwell Smart's shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    Not a bad Saturday after a shitty week.

Like your style.

7. Likes Fantasio liked this post
    I took part in a contest, today, at my AD’s annual watch event and won this lovely Muhle flieger!

Quote Originally Posted by ctimrun View Post
    I took part in a contest, today, at my AD’s annual watch event and won this lovely Muhle flieger!

Wow! Are you serious? Congrats!

10. Likes ctimrun liked this post

««««««««« WRUW - Saturday - 19 October 2019 »»»»»»»»»

Yeah! Totally stoked. I didn’t know what the prizes would be and actually had been admiring this, last night. Arrived today to see it in the prize case. I came in second, and fortunately, the guy who placed first chose a quite nice Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, which left this for me! It all worked out quite nicely, LOL
    Last edited by ctimrun; Oct 19, 2019 at 10:20 PM.

12. Likes CFR, rodia77, happyscrappyheropup liked this post

««««««««« WRUW - Saturday - 19 October 2019 »»»»»»»»»

And here’s how I’m celebrating

14. Likes CFR, rodia77, stew77, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    And you didn't bring us along???
    FTFY

Congrats ctimrun!

16. Likes CFR, ctimrun liked this post
    Rainy day here, and earlier this week got some new straps for the Hamilton. Just now getting around to trying them. Unfortunately the leather is too short...I can wear it, but I don't like where tail just barely makes it through the second keeper pushed all the way down. No good. I ordered a short strap because the last time I ordered the regular (from this same company), it barely fit on the last hole (on the largish side)...I can't win

Also got a parachute strap (not an Erika's Orginal, but another company's variation (for much less), and I hate it... I didn't realize you need to take the spring bards off to install it

I like the Two NATOS I ordered from Crown and Buckle though... the black one is the seatbelt material like the Omega NATOs but for substantially less.