Likes Likes:  52
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WWYD: Hammy's started running slow

Any update on the Hamilton? Did it get back to normal? Let's hope so.

2. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Hiya, thanks for asking.
    The latest series of readings shows -1.4spd. I didn't announce it, as I got the impression that the first reading was off and want to do another round (I expect the results to be either similar or better; either way, I don't see a need to have the watch 'fixed').

4. Likes happyscrappyheropup, CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Hiya, thanks for asking.
    The latest series of readings shows -1.4spd. I didn't announce it, as I got the impression that the first reading was off and want to do another round (I expect the results to be either similar or better; either way, I don't see a need to have the watch 'fixed').
    Good!

6. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    After starting the timing afresh it's showing -3.2spd. I'm giving it (and myself) a break.

8. Likes CFR liked this post
    7 months later.

I wound and put it on a couple of days ago so I thought I'd use the opportunity to carry out some measurements again. This is how it looks when worn 24/7:

Name:  signal-attachment-2020-06-04-233733.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  31.0 KB

First ~12h -- I was delighted to see less than +2spd. After the night, a slow down to about -1.7spd. Since then, quartz-accurate (well, the last measurement was borderline +7/8s compared to the reference, but we can safely say that for the last 36h it's been running at less than -0.3spd).

As it's on a different strap now, I had this idea to check the strap that was with me in Italy and sure enough the hardware was magnetised. I demagged it, but tbh, I doubt the degree of magnetisation would be enough to affect the watch's movement.

No idea what's going on here.

10. Likes Strela167, FSM71 liked this post