Likes Likes:  52
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WWYD: Hammy's started running slow

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    I’d say it’s most likely to be a difference in your behaviour now you’re on your hols

As in, high apparent watch accuracy can be due to it eg gaining several seconds during the day, and losing them in the night due to watch positioning (dial up, dial down, all that good stuff)

If you’re staying up into the small hours, or storing your watch differently overnight, it could be making a noticeable difference to the time over 24hrs
    yep sounds right to me
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Keep wearing your watch, relax and enjoy your holidays.

As soon as you get home, there's a timegrapher waiting to be used. We'll see what it can tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by Col Angus View Post
    I thought magnetization only made watches run faster?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That's usually what happens, unless the magnetic field is so strong, that it magnetizes other parts of the watch and not only the hairspring.

4. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Since it runs slow,expose it to a bit of magnet to make it faster,hopefully it helps,otherwise demag and remag until you got it right

6. Likes CFR, rodia77, Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by synequano View Post
    Since it runs slow,expose it to a bit of magnet to make it faster,hopefully it helps,otherwise demag and remag until you got it right
    You can think of it as one way to regulate a watch, but... I'm not sure if it's good in the long run.

8. Likes synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    I’d say it’s most likely to be a difference in your behaviour now you’re on your hols

As in, high apparent watch accuracy can be due to it eg gaining several seconds during the day, and losing them in the night due to watch positioning (dial up, dial down, all that good stuff)

If you’re staying up into the small hours, or storing your watch differently overnight, it could be making a noticeable difference to the time over 24hrs
    I wear it to bed as always, you make sense but I don't think it's a likely reason in my case.
    Last edited by rodia77; Oct 19, 2019 at 08:59 PM. Reason: phrasing

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Keep wearing your watch, relax and enjoy your holidays.

As soon as you get home, there's a timegrapher waiting to be used. We'll see what it can tell us.
    Yep, that's the plan, timegrapher and compass.

11. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Yep, that's the plan, timegrapher and compass.
    Timegrapher will be enough - the compass can be misleading.

13. Likes rodia77, synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    the compass can be misleading.
    Why/how?

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Why/how?
    The level of magnetism that can affect a watch is just too small to be measured effectively using a compass (according to my watchmaker )

16. Likes rodia77 liked this post