Likes Likes:  14
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Limited Edition"?!?

"Limited Edition"?!?

So, I was reading an email from WatchTime describing a Tissot "Limited Edition"...here's the quote: "Tissot T-Race Nicky Hayden Limited Edition (limited to just 4,999 pieces) ." "Limited" to 5000 pieces??? I'm not sure what the upper limit should be to call something a limited edition, but whatever it is, it's surely a lot less than 5000 pieces!

P.S. My Zenith EP is a limited edition of 500, that strikes me as the outer limit...

2. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Credor GBBY991 - Limited edition of 1 (one)

(Don't ask me what the hell this thing is supposed to be)

Another limited edition of 1

I don't like limited edition things - gimmicky.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

6. Likes CamB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    P.S. My Zenith EP is a limited edition of 500, that strikes me as the outer limit...
    Limited" to 500 pieces???

I'm not sure what the upper limit should be to call something a limited edition, but whatever it is, it's surely a lot less than 500 pieces!

8. Likes mlcor liked this post
    I remember a Beijing limited edition of 2000 that took years to sell out.

In fact my Nivrel was a LE of 4 x 200 and that's still available.

Most of the Omega James Bond editions were "limited" to 10,007 watches. Some of the more exclusive ones were limited to 5,007 watches. I'd be embarrassed to call something made in those numbers "limited."

I wish manufacturers would give up on the limited edition gimmicks. It makes the brand look silly (Hublot, anyone?) and it dilutes the value of any of the models when so many limited editions are made. I've asked this before, but can anyone remember what a non-limited edition Big Bang looks like?

11. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Most of the Omega James Bond editions were "limited" to 10,007 watches. Some of the more exclusive ones were limited to 5,007 watches. I'd be embarrassed to call something made in those numbers "limited."

I wish manufacturers would give up on the limited edition gimmicks. It makes the brand look silly (Hublot, anyone?) and it dilutes the value of any of the models when so many limited editions are made. I've asked this before, but can anyone remember what a non-limited edition Big Bang looks like?
    I like what Omega did with my FIOS--they don't call it a limited edition, just a numbered edition. Gives you some idea how many may be out there without hawking false exclusivity.

13. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I like what Omega did with my FIOS--they don't call it a limited edition, just a numbered edition. Gives you some idea how many may be out there without hawking false exclusivity.
    The FOIS is a great example of how to produce a special edition rather than a limited edition.

My Ball First Mile was similar. They limited the time of production rather than the number produced. The first 50 or so watches received special numbered paperwork.

Sinn also uses the limited production time period for some of their special editions. They put a deadline for when you can place an order for one but do not limit the number of watches made.

15. Likes mlcor liked this post
    I think it depends on what it is. The Speedmaster Silver Snoopy has 1,970 pieces and I get the impression it's sold out, or nearly so, and it's not even available yet.