Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **** Seiko solar chronograph ****

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    I’ve found that the new solar capacitors are much better then the old ones. Hold their charge better and last longer too I’m told. I’ve got a pretty dead old Seiko solar someone gifted me for parts that will hold a charge for a few hours. And a new solar diver which is the nuts and holds charge seemingly forever.

I’ve also just done a mates Citizen Ecozilla, needed capacitor after about ten years or so if good service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    yes as I was saying in my post above they might do I fitted the new like the old one was quite small and hard to see thought the battery would be bigger so .

I flash a torch over it it started to tick so left a torch sitting on it for a few hours to charge when I checked as soon as I took the light away it would stop so looked up that pdf and open it again and the guide hook was not around the guide post so was not secured (possible making a circuit complete so I moved the battery and reset it and sealed it back up and touch wood has worked right since ...

so believe the fault was with who install the battery before I bought it second hand .. as I have said on many occasions been issues from when I bought it .
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Pip, CFR liked this post
    update watch seems to be doing ok it had a few hours on the torch for a charge then been on the wrist since, had a busy slightly bad day so check the time but did not really think about what watch was on as went out in a bit of a mad unplanned rush so it was on and stayed on

so looks like it might be staying around as even thou quite bulk not uncomfortable and it does not get in the way either so could end up as one of my beaters think apart from the rado and steiny all my watches are beaters thou
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes CFR liked this post