Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
I’ve found that the new solar capacitors are much better then the old ones. Hold their charge better and last longer too I’m told. I’ve got a pretty dead old Seiko solar someone gifted me for parts that will hold a charge for a few hours. And a new solar diver which is the nuts and holds charge seemingly forever.

I’ve also just done a mates Citizen Ecozilla, needed capacitor after about ten years or so if good service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
yes as I was saying in my post above they might do I fitted the new like the old one was quite small and hard to see thought the battery would be bigger so .

I flash a torch over it it started to tick so left a torch sitting on it for a few hours to charge when I checked as soon as I took the light away it would stop so looked up that pdf and open it again and the guide hook was not around the guide post so was not secured (possible making a circuit complete so I moved the battery and reset it and sealed it back up and touch wood has worked right since ...

so believe the fault was with who install the battery before I bought it second hand .. as I have said on many occasions been issues from when I bought it .