I realize that Davosa as a brand aren’t exactly famous for their original designs (they do have THIS rather exceptional one, tho) but color me blind if this isn’t bronze done right!

The excellent photography might have something to do with it, but when bronze is played off against another material such as steel it really comes into its own.

Introducing the sexy new Argonautic Bronze TT from Davosa. BTW ‘”TT” if you hadn’t already worked it out stands for Two-Two.

Equipped with a Marine-Bronze bezel, the 300 piece Limited Edition watch is based on Davosa’s Stainless steel Argonautic.

This has a stain-finished all Stainless steel case measuring 43mm in diameter with a height of 13.5mm.

The case has all the same diver’s features: a manual Helium Valve (10H), an AR-treated Sapphire crystal, a screw-down crown and solid steel case-back (engraved with its LE#)

- 300 meters of water-resistance and of course with its warm reddish-golden tone, the lovely Marine-Bronze unidirectional diver’s bezel which has the required luminous 12H bezel dot of a diver.

Other notable features of the watch include a black texturized dial with golden hands and markers with vintage Old Radium lume.

Power comes from a Swiss automatic DAV 3021 movement with a power reserve of 38 hours. MSRP is 898 euros.

Thoughts? Well, I did say it was sexy and it is but I am not a massive fan of the Argonautic per se, but it has at least rekindled my love of bronze to some degree.

What do you think?

More...