Likes Likes:  2

Thread: What are the chances...

What are the chances...

this vintage Zenith is a refurbished dial. Not that this is entirely a bad thing, I wish it was stated up front. It's gorgeous but is it "legit," meaning it hasn't been unnecessarily fiddled with.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

if its coming from Romania -its been fiddled with !

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    if its coming from Romania -its been fiddled with !
    That's my expectation and I typically dismiss offerings from the Balkan states (Turkey and India, too) for this reason. Sorry to my potential friends in these regions but there are too many sellers who have "fiddled" with the watches. Again, not a bad thing if one knows it upfront and is willing to accept it.

Move on, keep looking.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

4. Likes shameless liked this post
    I've gotten the itch for another old Zenith (already have a 1968 Calibre 2531) and narrowed the candidates down to this and this. I also like this, but it isn't running; may go after it anyway and see if it's fixable for cheap. I've looked them up on Ranftt and all three look about right according to his info. Any insight or thoughts or warnings would be appreciated.

Please and thank you!

-hayday

Here is the Calibre 2531 I currently have and for whom I'm looking for a playmate:

Name:  Zenith.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  27.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Tough call. Why does it not run? If the pivot(s) on the balance wheel are broken, it will be harder to fix as opposed to a bound mainspring. Does the seller offer much of an idea of what is wrong?

Dan

7. Likes hayday liked this post
    I decided to abandon this, Dan, but I appreciate your input. I'm still looking for another vintage Zenith but I'm going to take my time and not rush things. The right watch is out there and I don't want to miss it buy making an impulse purchase just because it's pretty and shiny.

-hayday