Nothing raises the heart rate of a watch enthusiast faster than the story of a tool watch being used in the environment it was originally designed for, which was why I almost needed to call an ambulance when Nic told me the story of his Bremont ALT1-WT made for his RAAF squadron. Nic's job is flying the fuel tankers of the sky, Australia's KC-30s, which are able to refuel other aircraft while mid-flight. In his squadron's collaboration with Bremont, they customised a number of elements of the original watch, including striping the GMT hand the same colours as their refuelling boom, editing the world timer ring to reflect the airport codes of locations*they've operated out of, and adding their unit crest to the sub-dial at 9 o'clock. It's one of the coolest custom watches I've ever seen, so without further ado – what sealed the deal on Nic's custom military Bremont. When did you first see/hear about it? I first heard about the Bremont Watch Company when I was undertaking my pilot training. One of our flying instructors had ejected from an aircraft the previous year and was in the process of purchasing the MBI he'd become eligible for, telling…

The post What Sealed The Deal – Nic and his custom military Bremont ALT1-WT appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...