Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **** Seiko solar chronograph ****

**** Seiko solar chronograph ****

So from when I have had it, the battery never seem to last so starting to bug me so two choice flog it needing a new battery or buy one and then maybe might end up flogging it any way so is it worth going to expense and trouble of fitting one or not what say you guys ? battery's look to be £20 . and is it a V137 I need ?

As always ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

It might not sell at all if not working properly, and the general condition looks good, so I’d say it was worth paying £20.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    It might not sell at all if not working properly, and the general condition looks good, so I’d say it was worth paying £20.
    yeah maybe or stored in glass front watch box did buy one the other day but yeah guess got to get one just got to work out which one it is

I believe I need a Seiko 3023 34T Capacitor Watch Battery
    Last edited by is that my watch; Nov 3, 2019 at 12:19 AM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

I have a couple Seiko solar chronograph.. one similar like yours and the other other is the "Flight" model that my brother gave me... both has not been problematic... i got low battery indicator kick in a couple of times and just put it near window with no direct sunlight and it top up nicely..
    but i have my orange dial solar diver and a citizen Eco-drive that wont hold charge... the spec said 6-9 months, but mine run out in a month... (the solar chrono use larger capacitor cell that hold charge longer though)
    i have not change the capacitor yet though..

i would say that if you decide to change the capacitor -- you could hold that beautiful diver longer though.. such a handsome watch..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    I have a couple Seiko solar chronograph.. one similar like yours and the other other is the "Flight" model that my brother gave me... both has not been problematic... i got low battery indicator kick in a couple of times and just put it near window with no direct sunlight and it top up nicely..
    but i have my orange dial solar diver and a citizen Eco-drive that wont hold charge... the spec said 6-9 months, but mine run out in a month... (the solar chrono use larger capacitor cell that hold charge longer though)
    i have not change the capacitor yet though..

i would say that if you decide to change the capacitor -- you could hold that beautiful diver longer though.. such a handsome watch..
    yes you might be right as wanted one for ages and when I finally decide it was when the x was appearing on the dials so did not want them ones so had to find one of the older models so could be five / ten years old so probably due a new one but as I said had problem from the start.

wore it a few days then in went in the box next time out if was dead so stuck on a window for a couple weeks work fine then stop next time out the box . so it was either never fully charge when first used which affect it efficiency now or just old .. suppose to last six months on a charge.

think I found the right battery (£11.50 so not that bad compared to some I have seen ) plus as I said early have also bought a glass top display box to keep my solars in ..but as I was saying to alan on another thread I just don't get on well with solars but maybe it is how I store them ( in their original boxes in a cupboard .. don't like display box's really, asking for trouble having them on show ..so that people can see them I have always thought. (window cleaners.gasman,builders , etc ) like putting temptation in their way ... but guess it will be low end stuff in it as thats all I got

so will probably be ok
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

I think these are fantastic watches. My daughter has now "aquired" mine but it has never given us any problem.

It's been a real beater and never babied. They look good and are almost the perfect watch. Great lume, chrono, dive bezel and self charging. Very versatile.

For a "normal" person this is the watch that says "why buy anything else, ever?"

I would have it fixed and keep it I think.
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

7. Likes is that my watch, yokied liked this post
    yeah have used it for garden / swimming and what not ..I started to get put off with the battery issues ..so we will see how it goes once changed

thing is got two seiko solars so one is going one is staying this is the other which does not give me any trouble but could not see me doing diy in it just looks as if the crystal would not take it very flat and open
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

so touch wood I have just put the new battery in so will see how it goes

https://seikoholisti.fi/wp-content/u...ents/V175A.pdf

found this a help
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes CFR liked this post
    I’ve found that the new solar capacitors are much better then the old ones. Hold their charge better and last longer too I’m told. I’ve got a pretty dead old Seiko solar someone gifted me for parts that will hold a charge for a few hours. And a new solar diver which is the nuts and holds charge seemingly forever.

I’ve also just done a mates Citizen Ecozilla, needed capacitor after about ten years or so if good service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

so ok I linked to the pdf but heres a pic I pulled from it that makes sense quick of doing it . think might even do a thread on it .. as I may have change the battery for nothing ( afresh battery is always good thou ) as think the original was fitted incorrect so that was causing the issues with it maybe .. I will go into more detail if i do a thread

Name:  2019-11-08-m.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  72.1 KB
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

13. Likes CFR liked this post