Likes Likes:  2

Thread: I hate the new Monaco

I hate the new Monaco

I hate the new Monaco, although the new Heuer 02 movement is cool.

I am long time Monaco fan and owned a calibre 12 for five years. I sold it after the calibre 11 came out. The calibre 11 is much closer to the original Monaco design, which made it much more appealing to me. It has a matte dial with the Heuer logo. The indices are rectangular and square with red accents. The tips of the hour and minute hand also get red accents. The calibre 11 uses a chronograph module, which isn't my first choice. However, the original was modular so I can overlook it.

Calibre 11 Monaco:

The calibre 12 and 11 have both been in TH's line up since 2015. I don't know if the calibre 11 is in danger after this new release. While I don't want to miss out owning the watch, I'm wondering if Tag Heuer (TH) is going to give the calibre 11 Monaco the Autavia Viceroy treatment (Below right). The Viceroy Autavia received red accents, similar to the calibre 11, and uses the same Heuer 02 movement without the running seconds sub dial.

I'm not sure what to do. Will TH continue forward with two Monaco models? Will they update the calibre 11 like they did with the Autavia Viceroy? If so, I don't think they can get the crown on the left hand side (which is very important to me) because the new movement is not modular. Currently, I'm leaning toward picking up a calibre 11 this December/January to celebrate a Masters degree and the end of a difficult season of life.

Blog Entries
    I think they'll stick with two models. There's too much equity in the retro models and they sell at a premium compared to the dressier modern model. I think it goes without saying, though, that I am a big fan of both. And since my Monaco Vintage is right hand with the modern indices, I'm looking at adding a Cal.11 to my collection as a more everyday watch compared to my LE.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

3. Likes Perseus liked this post
    Raza, what did you think of the new Gulf model?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    Raza, what did you think of the new Gulf model?

That model very closely resembles the LE model that came immediately after mine. I don’t care for the color scheme, personally—too much orange for me—but otherwise it’s fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    That model very closely resembles the LE model that came immediately after mine. I don’t care for the color scheme, personally—too much orange for me—but otherwise it’s fine.
    Safe to say you're not a Denver Broncos fan living in Philly?

eagles like me

8. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Lol, nope. Eagles!