Likes Likes:  44
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attn Der Amf

Attn Der Amf

Here is the picture of my Scrotex Marianis Trench Inhabitor (taken at a recent outing to the beach) that you requested yesterday.
    I have noted the items that need to be addressed during servicing.

Name:  Scrotex Posting.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  157.7 KB

It may not look like much, but it was my first good watch, given to me by my Mum when I was 15 and I will never get rid of it.

Hahaha. The logo is epic....

Restoration would violate the historical significance of this icon.
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

4. Likes Samanator liked this post
    I'm pretty sure a bit of polywatch will sort that out

LOL!
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

7. Likes Samanator liked this post
    This just makes me double over in pain.

Rick "falsetto?" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

9. Likes popoki nui, Nokie, Samanator liked this post
    Beautiful watch! When servicing make sure the watchmaker does not replace original dial and hands if you wish for it to retain value.
    Instagram: @tempocalypse

11. Likes popoki nui, Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tempocalypse View Post
    Beautiful watch! When servicing make sure the watchmaker does not replace original dial and hands if you wish for it to retain value.
    Actually a lot of collectors prefer them with the cracked crystal as well, as a vintage tool watch ought to have its life experiences visible. Documentation of how an MTI actually received its damage is also particularly sought after.

13. Likes tempocalypse liked this post
    The starfish looks traumatized
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

15. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    The starfish looks traumatized
    Isn't it just that they look permanently startled?