Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rolex drought will ease within two years

Rolex drought will ease within two years

Cheers,

Richard

OK. First of all, “the current crisis?” Sorry, but I can’t use that word with a straight face in terms of whether I can buy the watch I want right away.

Second, news flash!! Rolex is advertising more for the watches ADs actually have in stock to sell!! Whoa!! Incredibly perceptive!

Third, who you gonna believe—a “consensus of watch experts” or @Samanator? I’ll go with Michael’s estimate of three years any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes Cybotron, CFR, Samanator, Raza liked this post
    An unusual flair of emotion from Ml there! I haven't read the article - will it rile me up too?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

5. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    An unusual flair of emotion from Ml there! I haven't read the article
    Indeed. Not an usual reaction from Mr Mlcor, but I share the same feelings.

1. The shortage of steel Daytonas is a reality for decades - yes, literally. There were always ups and downs, but it has been quite consistent over the years. No news here.
    2. There's no evidence of Rolex substantially increasing the production of steel sport watches and even less evidence of an artificial shortage;
    3. It seems people tend to ignore the influence of the ever growing Asian market - and this is not the first time it happens. Out of curiosity, in the beginning of the XIX Century the Chinese market represented 100,000 to $200,000 of sales to the Swiss "industry".
    4. Nobody with enough experience on this matters ever dares to establish the predictions reduced to the period of time this article suggests.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    An unusual flair of emotion from Ml there! I haven't read the article - will it rile me up too?
    I don’t know what got into me.

I guess I had just reached my limit for silly “expert” articles. The tone of it sounded rather condescending and absurdly over-serious at the same time. Also, I have a degree in economics, over 30 years of experience in manufacturing industries, and a rather narrow tolerance for sloppy analysis from someone trying to pass themselves off as knowledgeable.

Oh dear, now I’m all riled up again.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I don’t know what got into me.

I guess I had just reached my limit for silly “expert” articles. The tone of it sounded rather condescending and absurdly over-serious at the same time. Also, I have a degree in economics, over 30 years of experience in manufacturing industries, and a rather narrow tolerance for sloppy analysis from someone trying to pass themselves off as knowledgeable.

Oh dear, now I’m all riled up again.

Maybe now you can imagine how I feel when I start to read some brand's and watche's "History", since I'm a professional historian.

9. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Maybe now you can imagine how I feel when I start to read some brand's and watche's "History", since I'm a professional historian.
    There’s a fine line between history and marketing in this industry.

Reminds me of a conversation at a wedding the other day: I said during a chat with 2 guys that £1 in the 60s was worth like £10 now, they disagreed, I went to counter, they said they were an accountant and an economist. I smiled politely and conceded.

I have no qualifications, but I'm a keyboard warrior with better than average Google fu so I hate most thing about the watch industry in general, and most watches
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Name:  10971C46-B573-42FB-B02D-32C1EFD0BC2A.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  55.9 KB

But different calculators can give different results.

There is only a drought if you’re a person off the street. Why does every grey market seller on the planet have dozens of every model there is a “shortage” of? The answer is pretty simple; Rolex’s AD network is made up of ****s that knowingly sell hot inventory to resellers.

Instagram: @ryanwearswatches