Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grand Seiko and changing case backs...

Grand Seiko and changing case backs...

I posted this in another forum but don't think I'll get many answers so thought I'd add the question on IWL as well. Has anyone ever seen a GS that came with a solid case back switched out to a display case back? One day, for my SBGA031 I may consider doing so. I seen Rolex owners doing so but have yet to come across any GS owners that have done this. I do know there are some other owners out there interested in doing so as I had conversations with them already. Just thought I'd ask and if the answer is yes, who did you buy it from?

Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    I posted this in another forum but don't think I'll get many answers so thought I'd add the question on IWL as well. Has anyone ever seen a GS that came with a solid case back switched out to a display case back? One day, for my SBGA031 I may consider doing so. I seen Rolex owners doing so but have yet to come across any GS owners that have done this. I do know there are some other owners out there interested in doing so as I had conversations with them already. Just thought I'd ask and if the answer is yes, who did you buy it from?
    I would imagine that the AD you purchased from would know.

True, be interesting to find out if the case backs on modern GS models are interchangeable like Monsters and Seiko 5s are

Don't know but interested, I also have a Spring Drive model with a solid caseback. Not sure you would get an answer from anyone outside of Japan though.

Even then theres only 60 or so people at Seiko that actually work on the GS models isn't there? Maybe Domo may know a little more

There was a side by side of two GS done by ?Timeless. One of the two had a solid caseback. The reviewer talked about this quite a lot, without making any mention of the possibility of swapping to a different caseback

I got my last GS from Timeless. I am going to try and contact Dan about it see if he knows anyone. I believe he is the one that did that review. I'll let you guys know what
    he says. In the meantime maybe our fierce GS leader aka Domo will catch this thread.

Domo has a nasty habit of removing his GS casebacks, he may know more on the subject. At least he should, being the ringleader an' all.

8. Likes Colin, Seriously liked this post
    I actually have one of his caeback removal pics of the Spring Drive movement saved on my phone to satisfy my quench to look at my GS movement I been denied by the solid case back lol

Dan, with his fast and responsive service as usual already got back to me. He said it cannot be done. Only option would be to find someone to do custom work .

It sounds like a very specialized job to me, given the precise fitment needed.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx