Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grand Seiko and changing case backs...

Absolutely positively not. The threads are all different (thread in a non-forum sense of the word). None of mine are interchangeable and yup I tried. Also, even if a display back magically would match in diameter and thread such as that off the SBGC005 (also titanium and 44mm diameter case) the extra thickness will foul the movement. The 9R65 is pretty but not THAT pretty - I never look at mine. The quality of the caseback decoration alone is reason enough to leave things be IMO.

2. Likes -JP, Seriously liked this post
    Ok, I was just about to open up my two GS and compare the threads. Whew, you saved me Domo. If your ever in NYC, best pizza and beer the city has to offer on me!

4. Likes Domo, geoffbot liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    Ok, I was just about to open up my two GS and compare the threads. Whew, you saved me Domo. If your ever in NYC, best pizza and beer the city has to offer on me!
    That doesn't mean you shouldn't take the case back off anyway - For all you know they might have put a Precisionist movement in there! After all - it is made in Japan

6. Likes Steppy, wschofield3, -JP liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post
    Off topic, but what is the best pizza in NYC for you? For me, it's Lombardis' in SoHo.

8. Likes -JP liked this post
    I'm always surprised by some of the nicer watches that do not show off the movement. I think it's a big draw for many people. It seems like nearly every boutique watch is going with exhibition case backs.

10. Likes -JP liked this post

Grand Seiko and changing case backs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

Thats up there wschofield but I'd say John's (the real one) in The Village

13. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Yea usually when I spend this kind of money on a watch I want a display back to see the movement. The GS Diver has so much to offer I can overlook it but I agree its a big draw for people myself included.

So Domo what tool do you use to open the backs up. Um not because I want to or anything

16. Likes Der Amf liked this post