Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sundry cricket discussions

Sundry cricket discussions

A week ago, I was foreseeing little but a pasting looming. After this Lords test though....now not so sure. Damn hopes rising again. Still a month to go before it starts (8 July)
    Last edited by Der Amf; May 29, 2015 at 08:22 AM.

I still think we'll get pasted, over by the 3rd test again.

3. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Oo, Im free for most of the Edgbaston match, I may have to break my duck (is this right?) and go to watch cricket live
    Name:  a-lonely-england-fan-waiting-for-rrain-to-start-at-edgbaston-387623603.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  47.4 KB
    Birmingham Mail pic

5. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    Oo, Im free for most of the Edgbaston match, I may have to break my duck (is this right?) and go to watch cricket live
    Are you comfortable with sitting down, drinking beer all day? *worries*
    Last edited by Der Amf; May 26, 2015 at 07:31 PM.

Hm, I may have to start an intensive training programme

Hm, I may have to start an intensive training programme
    Not a huge number of seats left..... Do you know someone who's already got some?

Oops, as I don't move in cricketing circles I assumed it wouldn't be very popular (is there a well-meaning shrug smiley?)

Oops, as I don't move in cricketing circles I assumed it wouldn't be very popular (is there a well-meaning shrug smiley?)
    Reasonable choice in the £91 / seat section....

Ahem!
    I think that's going back on the bucket list

Ahem!
    I think that's going back on the bucket list
    I think live cricket is much more enjoyable when you chance upon a match in the middle of nowhere and there are people gently tootling around in their whites and people are on picnic chairs. I've sat in a final at Lords and the final day of a 5th test at the Oval and tbh both times I would have been happier at home watching the telly on my sofa, with commentary and better beer at better prices. I realised that for an artiste this is a terrible thing to be saying but pffff