Likes Likes:  16

Thread: Odds and ends

Hybrid View

Odds and ends

So I stopped by my AD today just to say hello and shoot the breeze. NO, I didn’t buy anything.

But I did see a couple of cool things, like this GO:

Name:  47E19CAB-CC15-4B3B-BA3D-6D4B5C8A150D.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  90.2 KB

New dial for the Seamaster:

Name:  DD57BDF8-6E6E-4FCA-8B4F-EEAEF13D691B.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  65.3 KB

...and a Grand Lange 1 that works nicely on the right wrist:

Name:  6A192262-9F68-46CD-9398-3C9BE88C24D0.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  61.4 KB

That Seamaster looks nice and fresh/clean
    G-Shock: GW3000B-1A
    Rolex: Submariner 14060M
    Accurist: 1961 Shockmaster (Gold) & 1965 Shockmaster (Steel)
    Omega: Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
    Meistersinger: Perigraph AM1002
    Ben Sherman: S489.OOBS
    Rotary: 1990 Quartz (Gold)
    Steinhart: Ocean GMT 39mm
    Certina: DS Super PH500M & DS PH200M
    Timex: MKI Mechanical

I really like this GO a great deal. That being said, GO and I have a strange relationship. I really like many of their watches, but they are so formal that I have really no use for them in my life. It's not stopped me from buying a few of them, and beating around the Idea of giving this or that a go. Sadly they just are not a great fit for me in the real world.

I love the new SMP and this on a bracelet would be a good option for you. The SMP is an enigma watch for me. The latest iteration in nearly all forms watch wise is pretty awesome. My issue with it is what holds it on your wrist. The bracelet is good, but not Rolex good. I prefer Omegas on a strap(and it is the only option on the Ceramic version I have), but for some reason Omega had to give it a strap with the the worst buckle set up known. It's just clunky in how it engages with the very wide pin, and the hole spacing is so wide it does not have that just right position for most people. The enigma in this is for the rest of the Seamaster line they offer an excellent strap and deployant combo that is possibly the best made for comfort, adjustability and balancing of their thicker that most (Not in the SMP case) watches. They have it on the PO's which cost more than the SMP, and they have it on the Aqua Tera which cost less than the SMP. Why not include it on the SMP line?

I know you like Lange, and I would at least try on the new sport model if I come across one. This one with the watch as a small sub dial is a Lange thing I wish they would have left on the drawing board. It just checks too many of my don't like boxes. On the plus side if you like date watches this one can be read from space.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I really like this GO a great deal. That being said, GO and I have a strange relationship. I really like many of their watches, but they are so formal that I have really no use for them in my life. It's not stopped me from buying a few of them, and beating around the Idea of giving this or that a go. Sadly they just are not a great fit for me in the real world.

I love the new SMP and this on a bracelet would be a good option for you. The SMP is an enigma watch for me. The latest iteration in nearly all forms watch wise is pretty awesome. My issue with it is what holds it on your wrist. The bracelet is good, but not Rolex good. I prefer Omegas on a strap(and it is the only option on the Ceramic version I have), but for some reason Omega had to give it a strap with the the worst buckle set up known. It's just clunky in how it engages with the very wide pin, and the hole spacing is so wide it does not have that just right position for most people. The enigma in this is for the rest of the Seamaster line they offer an excellent strap and deployant combo that is possibly the best made for comfort, adjustability and balancing of their thicker that most (Not in the SMP case) watches. They have it on the PO's which cost more than the SMP, and they have it on the Aqua Tera which cost less than the SMP. Why not include it on the SMP line?

I know you like Lange, and I would at least try on the new sport model if I come across one. This one with the watch as a small sub dial is a Lange thing I wish they would have left on the drawing board. It just checks too many of my don't like boxes. On the plus side if you like date watches this one can be read from space.
    The GO is cool (reminds me of my ‘59 Les Paul reissue), but I know I wouldn’t wear it often enough. I can’t wear an SMP—that helium release valve (which I dislike in any case) is in exactly the wrong place for someone who wears their watch on the right wrist. I do like the visibility and nice contrast of that one, though.

I’ve gone back and forth on the Grand Lange 1, sometimes I think it’s brilliant and original, other times I get turned off by lack of legibility, etc., but in any case, given my new status in life, I have no need for additional dressy watches. I expect that some time in the next couple of months I’ll get to try on the Odysseus, and then I’ll see what I think of it. I know I can get one if I like it, but definitely on the fence right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes gnuyork liked this post
    That white dial SMP is very nice. I agree with Michael regarding the buckle as it could of been better.
    Cheers,

Richard

I like every one of those watches, however, much like you, I have little use for another "dressy" watch. I loved my GO PML, and every time I look at one, I want it again, but it will sit in the watch box.

8. Likes mlcor liked this post
    I saw the limited green dial GO Sixties earlier tis year and I LOVED it.