Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **** G-Shock bezels that are impossible to get vs bezels easy to get ****

**** G-Shock bezels that are impossible to get vs bezels easy to get ****

well was looking on the bay late late last night and almost bought a G-2200 but it needed a new bezel so about to buy saw it at the time at £4 for the bid £5 post .then I vaguely remember that it was nigh on impossible to get a bezel for it ? so left it so am thinking of listing here manly with your help which bezels are hard to get and maybe which are easy so that we can have an easy ref when we see G-shocks bezel less whether worth going for it or not maybe ? .

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

so the dw 9050 / 51 / 52 easy to get but cost about £10 to £20 just for the bezel and most come without the studs ( studs can be a tenner ) so not really cost effect. to buy a new dw 9052 they can be had for £50 ish new so second hand fair is the price of the bezel so only worth swapping out the bezel if you have sentimental attachment to the watch .

if not ..not worth buying it ..

I got a fully working one but needs back plate screws and a blue/yellow bezel and blue strap so not cost effective to repair
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

how about a dw 8400 bezel ?

also was thinking we could add in other bezels that might fit at a push for those that are impossible to get
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Probably the availability changes as aftermarket suppliers make runs of hard to find bezels.

Best to check availability on pacparts whenever one catches your eye just to see if it's bezel is discontinued or still being produced by casio and maybe easy to find elsewhere.

If discontinued then you know it might be hard to find. Maybe not one to be found now but 2 months from now the seller in Brazil has 20 for sale.

yeah in the uk it's a bit harder to use some sites then others plus the post cost seem way higher mean you got tiktox they seem to be getting re-organised after the late great mans passing .. but still some seem might high prices . mainly the kits their bits say like ( bezel only / strap only etc ) seem to be getting back to reasonable prices . think it took them a while to realise that the prices he set was the right ones because they can't expect to charge to much or buyers will go abroad ... I did for a while

but yes getting some bezels can be a might tricky when you think once on you might only get the price you paid for the bezel for the whole thing
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

so will up a couple of mods in a bit one on a dw5600 and one on a gwm 5610 ( when I done pics of that one )

but heard that you can swap out the dw8400 ( as no chance on getting bezels for it) into a dw6900 case /bezel is this true ?

on this note can that be done on a dw9052 and if so what one ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

simple quick personalising mod .

take one every day dw-5600 and one brass mod kit . and simple un do the four screws lift of the bezel and screw on the brass one, then with the bracelet size first found with these kits you need to loose at least three from the gecko . then slide in the quick release bars then once the old strap is removed pop on the quick release bars and you done .
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

8. Likes Greg, Colin63 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    so will up a couple of mods in a bit one on a dw5600 and one on a gwm 5610 ( when I done pics of that one )

but heard that you can swap out the dw8400 ( as no chance on getting bezels for it) into a dw6900 case /bezel is this true ?

on this note can that be done on a dw9052 and if so what one ?
    Not sure about these. Ive heard of these mods also but it's one of those "try it and see if it works" deals. Sort of risky but may work great.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Not sure about these. Ive heard of these mods also but it's one of those "try it and see if it works" deals. Sort of risky but may work great.
    yeah was going to punt on a 8400 but it went to high so won't know this time
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    so the dw 9050 / 51 / 52 easy to get but cost about £10 to £20 just for the bezel and most come without the studs ( studs can be a tenner ) so not really cost effect. to buy a new dw 9052 they can be had for £50 ish new so second hand fair is the price of the bezel so only worth swapping out the bezel if you have sentimental attachment to the watch .

if not ..not worth buying it ..

I got a fully working one but needs back plate screws and a blue/yellow bezel and blue strap so not cost effective to repair
    well some times you do it any way
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

12. Likes Greg liked this post