Likes Likes:  61
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does this make my wrist look fat?

For the design, it is a perfect size. Any bigger and it would look awkward. The Vacheron looks like it is just pushing the limits on size for the style, but due to it's more interesting dial, it still works well. Based on the comparison shots, I think the Patek would work much better as a dress watch for formal occasions, whereas the Vacheron would be more suited to less formal occasions. In other words, I couldn't see the Vacheron working with a tux, but the Patek would be perfect.

2. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Size looks just perfect to me. It's very elegant and I'm sure that, like many other watches, the pictures are not giving it justice. You definitely have a better look at it than we can in 2d. I too love your VC (and prefer that style), but if you like it, know that it suits you well
    ~Daniel~

I think it is a beautiful and elegant watch, ml, and the size seems perfect for a dress watch. It does sound like this one really appealed to you.

Wrist shots taken at a closer range tend to make watches look bigger on the wrist than it is. Basing on this, I feel the PP may actually look smaller on your wrist in real life than on photo. And the fact that you are getting some opinions do suggest that you feel the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it looks too small, but I am with C. I like the VC a whole lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutty28 View Post
    Wrist shots taken at a closer range tend to make watches look bigger on the wrist than it is. Basing on this, I feel the PP may actually look smaller on your wrist in real life than on photo. And the fact that you are getting some opinions do suggest that you feel the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, you're right. And yet, I think the design is beautiful, even more spectacular in real life. If it were 38mm, that would be it. But at 36, I'm just not sure. But neither have I found a suitable alternative that I like, for a simple, white gold, small seconds, no date watch in the same price range. If I were willing to double the price (I'm not), I would be boring and get the platinum, gray dial version of my VC and call it a day. But in real life, that's never gonna happen...

Have you considered stainless steel?

Tell me that's not the most perfect hand size/index length/subdial position ratio you ever saw?

9. Likes Nutty28, Ahriman4891, FuzzyB, synequano liked this post
    There may be a little swelling after I try to snatch it from you.
    Last edited by ljb187; May 30, 2015 at 03:35 AM. Reason: can't get it right.

11. Likes uchinanchu, Seriously, mlcor liked this post
    It definitely looks smaller on your wrist vs the VC but does not look bad or negative (to me) in any way. Contra, since I much prefer a dress watch on the petite side without pushing it too far, I think it makes for a beautiful watch and wrist candy for you . . .

Is the Patek different enough from the VC to get your inner watch enthusiast excited?