Not that I’m in the market for one of these, myself but if I was – this would be the one. This is the new Overseas Dual Time black dial variant.

Actually this model debuted last year in perhaps an even better looking setup with a blue dial but black being the staple that it is; this latest variant is likely to get more attention.

The base of the new dial has a sunburst brushed finish with a glossy black lacquer applied over the top –
this is punctuated by two prominent red arrow-heads; one for the AM/PM indicator and one for the GMT hand.

Power comes from a 5110 DT, based on Vacheron’s most robust automatic movement, the one that is used throughout the Overseas family. Power-res. is 60hrs.

The a 5110 DT comes with a lovely solid Rose Gold rotor in the shape of a Rose Compass that can be viewed through a Sapphire exhibition case-back.

The case of the watch is in Stainless steel with a water-resistance of 150 meters plus anti-magnetic resistance. Dimensions include a 41mm diameter and height of 12.8mm.

The watch comes on beautiful Stainless steel bracelet or a black rubber strap – interchangeable via Vacheron’s quick-release system.

The Vacheron Constantin Overseas Dual Time ref. 7900V/110A-B546 has an MSRP of 22,900USD and is available from VC boutiques as of November.

Thoughts? This is the nearest that VC will ever come to a tool-watch – it even has descent lume! What do you think?

More...