The only thing thrown around more often than the word iconic by watch media is watch media cleverly saying how often the word iconic is being thrown around. But despite committing both sins in one paragraph, Sunday confession would be a comfortable one if you were talking about IWC pilot's watches as iconic. With designs unchanged for decades, it is the archetype of the pilot's watch, with large luminous hour markers and hands that contrast against a dark dial, and essentially offer everything the modern world is looking for in an everyday watch. Chris was kind enough to speak with us about his own experience of pulling the trigger on his IWC 3706 Fliegerchronograph, and how it almost ended in heartbreak. When did you first see/hear about it? I first saw my 3706 Fliegerchronograph in the window of my local vintage watch store, right in the heart of Perth, Western Australia. I'm an expat kid, and I grew up around in-flight magazines and duty free all through the '80s and '90s, so I know an IWC when I see one, but I'd never come across the 3706 before. It was sitting in the display right next to a beautiful Mark…

The post What Sealed The Deal –*Chris' IWC 3706 Fliegerchronograph appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...