Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A couple of gray dials

A couple of gray dials

I was just having a look in the windows of a shop on Oxford Street that has a big range of Swatch brands - Certina, Mido, Hamilton, Rado, Longines, Calvin Klein, Swatch etc.

Watch shop windows' lighting tends to bring out of the delicate intricate details, but make dial textures a bit flat, so I was impressed by the following two grey dials still looking nice and enticing:

Name:  certina power grey.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  32.2 KB

(Certina Ref.: C026.407.16.087.00)

Name:  mido commander.JPG
Views: 191
Size:  50.4 KB
    Last edited by Der Amf; May 30, 2015 at 02:06 PM.

2. Likes wschofield3, iyonk, popoki nui liked this post
    Looking at the Certina site there's a model of the Powermatic 80 that has a touch of that Mido about it:

Name:  certina power chronometer.JPG
Views: 314
Size:  55.5 KB

4. Likes wschofield3, BlackNomad, hayday liked this post
    I like both but I give the edge to Certina its my opinion their finishing and detailing is a little better then Mido

I'll try to find real photos of the Certinas - only looked with the refence number so far

first try:

Name:  cert power 1.JPG
Views: 175
Size:  51.4 KB

Name:  cert power chr.JPG
Size:  48.6 KB
    Last edited by Der Amf; May 30, 2015 at 02:44 PM.

7. Likes -JP liked this post
    Wow the price difference between those two gray dials - £556 vs £767 on Anytime Watches.

£211 for a certified chronometer (both have Powermatic 80 movements)

Those are all very nice. Handsome, understated 3 handers are my Achilles heel

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Those are all very nice. Handsome, understated 3 handers are my Achilles heel
    I think the second Certina could be rather more understated Double minute track, sub-divided seconds....

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I think the second Certina could be rather more understated Double minute track, sub-divided seconds....
    Well, it's grey....

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I'll try to find real photos of the Certinas - only looked with the refence number so far

first try:

Name:  cert power 1.JPG
Size:  51.4 KB
    ^^^ I'd go with that one on the bracelet. I don't like that Mido at all - The text at all 4 'compass points' kind of kills the sunburst dial
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

13. Likes -JP liked this post
    I have seen the Certina with the grey dial in person and it is really a rich looking grey.

Pictures don't due it justice when you seen one in person.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx