If I could offer one piece of advice for anyone who is ever asked to speak at a watch event, it is this: know your stuff. At the second launch of Doxa watches in Australia in a week, this time in Sydney at the home of Oscar Hunt tailors in York Street, I spoke about 1967. It was the year Doxa released the SUB 300 to the public, a watch that brought superior submarine attributes to everyday divers. It was lucky I had my facts straight. The ice had barely clinked my glass in a final cheers before getting back to the watches after the proceedings before I was approached by a Sydney guest. He presented me with a magazine called Triton, which incorporated another publication, Diver International. The date of the magazine was 1967. The cover featured an incredibly overwrought looking pair of scuba tanks with 'Diving on liquid air' the headline. The first double-page advertisement was for the Doxa SUB 300. The ad, written beautifully like all advertising from the '60s, listed the "27 incontestable advantages" of the SUB 300. It also promised that all models would be delivered in a "…luxury box which you can later use…

The post Real watch lovers of Sydney turn out for second launch of Doxa in Australia appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...