Likes Likes:  30
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't believe I haven't seen threads like this yet....

I can't believe I haven't seen threads like this yet....

(1st time poster) "Hey guys I just purchased this Rolex from my best friend at his garage sale. He was actually just selling an old pair of sneakers and when I opened up the sneaker box this Rolex was at the bottom of the box...can anyone tell me which model this is and if its real?"
    Name:  Picture001.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  99.5 KB

or.....

"Just got this 60mm and 20mm thick Invicta, why no love for Invicta?"

Name:  0.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  11.8 KB

Not even a "which size Planet Ocean should I get"

Not even a "Rolex vs Grand Seiko"

Not even a "looking for best Swiss watch under 100 dollars"

Does IWL have some superior NOOB filtration system??? LOL

Either way I have to say to all the mods here, thanks for keeping this place filled with the most knowledgable and great people I ever had the pleasure to spend time with on any watch forum....

Name:  Unknown.jpeg
Views: 151
Size:  9.0 KB

This doesn't mean I don't like helping out new watch collectors, new to the hobby we all have to start somewhere. I just don't get why these people just can not

Name:  use-the-search.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  48.7 KB

....because after so much time on other watch forums those threads make me feel like....

Name:  rambo-yelling-and-shooting_w_500.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  32.7 KB

That is all.
    Hopefully I didn't jinx us LOL

I pray to the watch gods this doesn't happen anytime soon. Once it starts I fear it can't be stopped.

3. Likes -JP, Nokie liked this post
    I still like the Scrotex logo better.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

5. Likes JAGtime, -JP, BlackNomad liked this post
    That's the 'charm' of IWL... we're just a bunch of 'love watches' and 'love people' group here.. a community that helplessly addicted to watches hehehe..

How about a watch brand/ car brand thread!
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

8. Likes -JP liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by -JP View Post

This doesn't mean I don't like helping out new watch collectors, new to the hobby we all have to start somewhere. I just don't get why these people just can not

Name:  use-the-search.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  48.7 KB
    This so much! What is it with some people treating forums as their own special search service? Do Search 101 need to be taught in the schools? It's not that difficult to type your query into a search box before starting a new thread.

10. Likes -JP liked this post
    We're still young and small; slowly growing. Whilst re remain so people won't find us so easily - there are other places they'll likely go to ask whether their grandfather's Patek is real (it's not). I do miss helping noobs with genuine questions, but I have had enough of 10 page Rolex vs Grand Seiko threads. As for the search function, well as none of the above questions have been asked before it wouldn't prove very fruitful!

12. Likes -JP, Samanator, Nokie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CamB View Post
    How about a watch brand/ car brand thread!

They are the worst. You see it in almost every long thread, cars always get brought up, shudder....

14. Likes -JP liked this post
    I understand the burnout on the dreaded repeat thread topics. As Geoff alluded to IWL has tried to be different and the community here is more a group of friends then the masses. Don't question why, it's working and we're all better because of it.
    Last edited by Samanator; Jun 1, 2015 at 12:01 AM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

16. Likes -JP, CFR, ljb187 liked this post
    I hadn't seen a multi-photo repeat quote in a long while to be followed by a single word reply ..... but I saw one here yesterday !

Not sure why poster couldn't have just said the single word reply on it's own without quoting all the pics again ? ....
    ...the original photo's were only 3 posts away
    I was expecting a longer reply and to be relating to each photo for some reason