Likes Likes:  54
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cleverest thing you've come up with recently

Cleverest thing you've come up with recently

I need to shred some mozzarella tonight but it's a pain to grate and there was no way I was going to dust off the ol' food processor. I then had the epiphany to cut the block into quarters and run the pieces through the egg slicer L x W. Came out just like I expected - nicely diced with no clumps...cleanup was practically non-existant was well. This could have been posted in the food forum but my cans of Vienna sausage and bags of Twinkies have hurt my credibility there and besides, this discovery is too important to get buried in a 184 page thread.

Shortly thereafter I confused my forks and grabbed the one used to flip raw pork & chicken over to stir my coffee. It's likely...not absolutely...but likely this is the dumbest thing I'll do the rest of the day. Swallowed four Pepto Bismol tablets as a precautionary measure.
    Last edited by ljb187; May 31, 2015 at 12:26 AM.

Very nice. I unfortunately don't do clever things too often so l will be little help to this thread.

As a side note I did not realize
    Pepto was useable as a prophylactic for either Salmonella or trichinosis.
    Chris:

Good idea for a thread! I'm sure I've done something smart in the past...recently, but I can't think of it right now...I'll come back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    ....Shortly thereafter I confused my forks and grabbed the one used to flip raw pork & chicken over to stir my coffee. It's likely...not absolutely...but likely this is the dumbest thing I'll do the rest of the day. Swallowed four Pepto Bismol tablets as a precautionary measure.
    LJ, I remember you saying you liked the taste of Pepto-Bismol.....I'm worried about you.....Pepto-Bismol is NOT A SNACK!

5. Likes ljb187 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    LJ, I remember you saying you liked the taste of Pepto-Bismol.....I'm worried about you.....Pepto-Bismol is NOT A SNACK!
    I took the tasteless pills to underscore the seriousness of my situation...plus I've only got a little bit left in my bottle and wanted to save that for something special - like a review in Bu11it's wine thread perhaps.

7. Likes Domo, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    I took the tasteless pills to underscore the seriousness of my situation...plus I've only got a little bit left in my bottle and wanted to save that for something special - like a review in Bu11it's wine thread perhaps.
    Notes of bubblegum and plum on the nose. The palate is thick and velvety that coats your tongue and mouth. There are no discernable tannins and hardly any acidity. The finish is short and thick with a strong gum flavor. Don't think it's got the legs to cellar. Drink now to the exportation date.
    Chris:

9. Likes uchinanchu, ljb187, wschofield3, OhDark30 liked this post
    Marrying my wife. I will never do anything more brilliant, and it was 21+ years ago.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

11. Likes popoki nui, ljb187 liked this post
    I stopped buying Invictas long ago, so I consider that a clever move..........
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    You stir your coffee with a fork?

I don't for a second believe you even have flavourless Pepto-Bismol

15. Likes ljb187 liked this post