Likes Likes:  43
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Top 10 Affordable Watches That Get A Nod From Snobs

I can't believe the Vostok Amphibian isn't on there.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

2. Likes pepperami liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post

I picked up my first Vostok recently. Great watch. It keeps good time, good lume, comfortable on the wrist.

Agreed. It goes nearly everywhere and just does its job. And, not too shabby, considering it arrived in original packaging - a hanger card.
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

Blog Entries
    They'd have to know about it to include it.

And I wonder, does the Timex Weekender get no love from anyone but me?

6. Likes hayday, rfortson liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post

And I wonder, does the Timex Weekender get no love from anyone but me?
    Shhh! Don't tell them about the Восток Амфибия. Let's keep it our little secret. Until, of course, we are ready to sell... The "Top Ten Affordable Watches That Get a Nod From Watch Snobs" are not known by those who write columns about the "Top Ten...." - almost by definition!

As much as possible, I try to avoid collecting things that are known to be "collectable". Excess publicity is an excellent "SELL" signal!
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    They know about the Tempest Viking and the Dietrich (whatever that is). I have a hard time thinking they don't know what the Amphibian is.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Blog Entries
    They know about the Tempest Viking and the Dietrich (whatever that is). I have a hard time thinking they don't know what the Amphibian is.
    We don't know how ​they know about those watches, do we?

Edit: Though, it is ablogtowatch, for some reason I thought it was a much more mainstream site.