Likes Likes:  10
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone going to the watch fair at Brunel University tomorrow?

Lemania Tg 195
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    Lemania Tg 195
    That or the Divemaster's would have had me but no.

Mine is not the most pristine example ever, but perfect ones are going for insane money these days. It's got all the right bits, the right case and inner case, the right movement and everything. I'm not 100% sure about the second hand, but it's certainly very close. By way of a clue, it used ot be radioactive. Twice!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That or the Divemaster's would have had me but no.

Mine is not the most pristine example ever, but perfect ones are going for insane money these days. It's got all the right bits, the right case and inner case, the right movement and everything. I'm not 100% sure about the second hand, but it's certainly very close. By way of a clue, it used ot be radioactive. Twice!

6B 542
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

1953 Fat Arrow.

Oops ! Helps if I take note of the poster.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

And we have two winners at once - careful elimination from ITSMY and witchcraft from Tribe.

As I said, it isn't perfect, but it's all there, all original, everything matches - the caseback is even reasonably crisp. The dial has got a bit of corrosion around the edge but that has been intelligently (if brutally) stabilised to preserve as much originality as possible - but a second (secondhand) opinion would be nice... Having had one of Eddies PRS 53's for years it's shockingly familiar, but...
    Last edited by Matt; Dec 1, 2019 at 08:49 PM.

7. Likes OhDark30, crownpuller, CFR, DJW GB, Pip liked this post
    yeah looks off to me hard to tell but yeah the end shape seem too short on the one end, and shape a little fatter think off something a bit later but don't think it is overly noticeable or an issue really

so guess my guess on trade in value was about right then

funny thing was thought of the omega when talking xi but but thought not for some reason
    Last edited by is that my watch; Dec 1, 2019 at 08:52 PM.
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

looks more w10 alike maybe the second hand that is
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    yeah looks off to me hard to tell but yeah the end shape seem too short on the one end, and shape a little fatter think off something a bit later but don't think it is overly noticeable or an issue really

so guess my guess on trade in value was about right then
    Pretty close to spot on. I definitely could have got more, but I was short on time and just wanted to get rid of all the radioactive stuff that had dials that were to fragile to decontaminate effectively in one fell swoop. Given that, I did ok. I am surprised how tempted I was by the CWC chronos. There's just something so honest about them. I'd probably have gone for a '56 6b/159, but I now prefer Alan's AM which I now think is as close to the perfect watch as can be got.

I’m 70:30 in favour of the seconds hand being correct.

A daylight photo with a flat perspective might help me go to 90:10.

Your trip was a success! The nuclear watches and clocks had to go - and I wasn’t sure you would find a buyer - so that’s good in itself. Swapping them for an original classic now getting harder to find is a quiet triumph.

I’ve seen Fat Arrows at Brunel on both of my previous visits. They weren’t cheap, and it was a good few years ago, so I think you made a wise buy today.

I’ve been trying not to buy the loopy ‘Jazz 53’ these last few days. I’ve just been looking for straps for it, which isn’t a good sign.