Likes Likes:  208
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: {{{{{{{{{ IWL end of the year photo comp }}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{ IWL end of the year photo comp }}}}}}}}}

Roll up Roll up ladies and gentleman for the end of the year photo comp so you got up to the 22nd of December to post a pic. then from 23rd to 30th a week of voting and then prize badge time for the winner now theme ..I was not given one, so think I am going to go open on this so what ever you feel like whether it be a Christmas , yule day , happy humanlight day, to krismas or Kwanzaa or even Newtonmas or Festivus or maybe Saturnalia or etc etc what makes you feel good day

A remember a lovely badge has to be won by someone !

so snap away my lovely IWLers

edit :

so have decide to do a prize too :

A Vostok Alarm Watch

I believe it has a 2612 alarm movement it mid 80's possible early 90's can't be more sure as found hard to find another one

the bottom crown does the time the top crown does the alarm both have to be wound ant clock wise,to charge to set the time you must wind forwards only going backwards will move the alarm hand on these Russian movements the alarm hand winds clockwise to set the hand the crown needs to be in to set the alarm to turn off the alarm you pull the crown out or wait for it to run down . the bezel does rotate but is very stiff to move thou .

Last edited by is that my watch; Dec 6, 2019 at 05:47 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

maybe should of left it a week or so before doing
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

Blog Entries
    Is there gotta be a watch init?
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

well good question we have always done it with a watch in it before but sometimes I think it can spoil the shot somewhat. so think lets have some fun so yes if you want it to or no if you don't ... so up too each member to choose when taking their pic so I happy either way
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

5. Likes skywatch, iyonk liked this post
    I think given our interests it’s maybe likely to get more votes if there is a watch in the pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    not too sure would the mona lisa have done so well with a watch covering her smile or The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies by van clump be such a hit if a watch was angled just so ( ok so the second painting / artist is make believe but makes the point well thou don't it and who don't like a bit of allo allo humour )

but as I say think down to each member to choose as I do remember some photo comps I was never really happy with trying to get the watch in the pic ruin it for me . and was never really happy with entering them .

but if members want it to be a must it can happen ?

what say members does it have to have a watch in it ?

yes or no or don't care ? speak your mind
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Let’s post one with watch and one without,just for fun...

Name:  IMG_8579.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  49.7 KB

I spent a month living in this lovely small town in Italy back in November...maybe not christmas-y enough but I’ll post this before I got another wrist and scenery shot

Wife & children couldn't wait the get the tree up this year, so here's my offering:

'pretend' military watch in a 'pretend' Christmas tree.

Name:  xmas19.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  211.5 KB

Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

nice mate

have included a Russian military watch as a prize
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

12. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Ismy made me post this.

Name:  A605036F-77C2-47AA-A3CD-C816D75A85AC.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  54.8 KB