Much as it shames me to admit it, until writing about this watch, I rather naively thought that Stan Smith was a shoe designer … how very Gen Y of me. As it turns out, Smith is rather more than a proponent of Adidas's enduringly vogue white sneaker – he was a legend of the tennis court in the 1970s, with 100 professional tournament wins credited to his name. To celebrate this illustrious career, watchmaker Maurice de Mauriac has teamed up with the superstar of the sport to release this – the Stan Smith Signature Watch. Limited to just 100 watches each (see what they did there?) in green, blue and red, the Stan Smith Watch presents a clean and pared-back aesthetic, much like the sneakers that bear his name. According to Maurice de Mauriac, the timepiece is the result of two years of development between Smith and the watchmaker's founders, Daniel, Massimo and Leonard Dreifuss. Additionally, Maurice de Mauriac reckon this limited edition timepiece can more than capably handle the rigours of a tense five-setter on the court, due to its tough and dependable build quality, as well as bearing the tennis star's name. The traditional-looking case, which is…

The post INTRODUCING: The Stan Smith Signature Watch by Maurice de Mauriac appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...