Likes Likes:  53
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: Watch you've bought and sold the most times

  1. #1
    Scam Hunter Broker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    South Louisiana
    Posts
    2,770
    Blog Entries
    1

    Watch you've bought and sold the most times

    This one is at 4 for me. I can't stop buying it.
    Last edited by Broker; Sep 20, 2016 at 10:23 PM. Reason: To bump

  2. Likes popoki nui, Jeep99Dad, scott59 liked this post
  3. #2
    Watch Geek T Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    1,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    This one is at 4 for me. I can't stop buying it.

    Love that one (you may remember my earlier posts on them from 10 years ago or more), Wore one of these for most of 300+ logged dives in the 1980s. The depth gauge is spot on (took on two chamber training dives, 120' and 160', it was exact both times).

    But I've never sold a watch, so.... none of them! I do still have my broken Citizen I'd like to fix some day. Probably better (and cheaper) just to buy another.
    Regards, T Bone

    Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

  4. #3
    Loves to yap about quartz I-B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Hasselt-Limburg-Flanders-Belgium
    Posts
    3,405
    with me it's the visodate

  5. Likes rfortson liked this post
  6. #4
    For me, it's the Benarus Moray. I've bought and sold 5 of them. Three stainless steel and two bronze. I still miss the bronze and the seafoam dial color.

    I've bought and sold a couple Citizen Mission Antarctica watches. The blue I sold because I wanted the bracelet and the black because it wasn't the blue. If I had been able to track down a blue dialed version with the bracelet, I would have kept it.

  7. #5

    Wink

    Watch you've bought and sold the most times





  8. Likes Perseus liked this post
  9. #6
    Member scottjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shropshire, UK
    Posts
    2,724
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    The blue I sold because I wanted the bracelet and the black because it wasn't the blue. If I had been able to track down a blue dialed version with the bracelet, I would have kept it.

    I would have bought both, created the combination I wanted and planned to sell the other one but probably never got round to it...
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

  10. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
  11. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    I would have bought both, created the combination I wanted and planned to sell the other one but probably never got round to it...
    That's my usual modus operandi. I tried to do things more logically that time and ended up with neither. I already have too many watches that I never got around to selling.

  12. Likes scottjc liked this post
  13. #8
    The Dude Abides Nokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    3,516
    Seiko Prospex
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

  14. #9
    Watch Geek T Bone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    1,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post




    Best. Movie. Ever. Seriously...
    Regards, T Bone

    Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

  15. Likes Seriously, scott59, hayday liked this post
  16. #10
    Big Member Chase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,423
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    For me, it's the Benarus Moray. I've bought and sold 5 of them. Three stainless steel and two bronze. I still miss the bronze and the seafoam dial color.

    I've bought and sold a couple Citizen Mission Antarctica watches. The blue I sold because I wanted the bracelet and the black because it wasn't the blue. If I had been able to track down a blue dialed version with the bracelet, I would have kept it.
    That's the only one I've bought and sold a couple times, the Moray.

    I've had three Aquadive BS100's but that was all at the same time so doesn't fit here.

    The last Moray, if I'd have been smart and ordered the dart dial like my first one I'd have probably kept it.

  17. Likes FuzzyB liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us