Likes Likes:  53
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch you've bought and sold the most times

Blog Entries

Watch you've bought and sold the most times

This one is at 4 for me. I can't stop buying it.
    Last edited by Broker; Sep 20, 2016 at 09:23 PM. Reason: To bump

2. Likes popoki nui, Jeep99Dad, scott59 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    This one is at 4 for me. I can't stop buying it.

Love that one (you may remember my earlier posts on them from 10 years ago or more), Wore one of these for most of 300+ logged dives in the 1980s. The depth gauge is spot on (took on two chamber training dives, 120' and 160', it was exact both times).

But I've never sold a watch, so.... none of them! I do still have my broken Citizen I'd like to fix some day. Probably better (and cheaper) just to buy another.
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

with me it's the visodate

5. Likes rfortson liked this post
    For me, it's the Benarus Moray. I've bought and sold 5 of them. Three stainless steel and two bronze. I still miss the bronze and the seafoam dial color.

I've bought and sold a couple Citizen Mission Antarctica watches. The blue I sold because I wanted the bracelet and the black because it wasn't the blue. If I had been able to track down a blue dialed version with the bracelet, I would have kept it.

Wink

Watch you've bought and sold the most times

8. Likes Perseus liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    The blue I sold because I wanted the bracelet and the black because it wasn't the blue. If I had been able to track down a blue dialed version with the bracelet, I would have kept it.

I would have bought both, created the combination I wanted and planned to sell the other one but probably never got round to it...
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

10. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    I would have bought both, created the combination I wanted and planned to sell the other one but probably never got round to it...
    That's my usual modus operandi. I tried to do things more logically that time and ended up with neither. I already have too many watches that I never got around to selling.

12. Likes scottjc liked this post
    Seiko Prospex
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post

Best. Movie. Ever. Seriously...
    Regards, T Bone

Even a broken watch shows correct time once or twice a day. I ought to know, I have a few!

15. Likes Seriously, scott59, hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    For me, it's the Benarus Moray. I've bought and sold 5 of them. Three stainless steel and two bronze. I still miss the bronze and the seafoam dial color.

I've bought and sold a couple Citizen Mission Antarctica watches. The blue I sold because I wanted the bracelet and the black because it wasn't the blue. If I had been able to track down a blue dialed version with the bracelet, I would have kept it.
    That's the only one I've bought and sold a couple times, the Moray.

I've had three Aquadive BS100's but that was all at the same time so doesn't fit here.

The last Moray, if I'd have been smart and ordered the dart dial like my first one I'd have probably kept it.

17. Likes FuzzyB liked this post