Few watches released in 2019 have had the ability to garner nothing but praise. There are, of course, certain timepieces that are highly revered —*think the new Rolex GMT-Master II ref.126710BLNR, for example. But that watch brings with it a sizeable amount of polarity. No, for the entire horological community to get behind a new timepiece it's got to be special … and the new Longines Heritage Classic L2.828.4.73.2 is exactly that: special. Allow me to explain. Part of this raconteur's role is to scour the interwebs and plethora of social media networks, and, to my dismay, sometimes read the comments. I am yet to witness a single negative comment, on any platform, about this new Longines; there simply hasn't been a peep —*it's been nothing but applause and even adoration. And from the very first time you fasten it to your wrist, you understand why the response to this simple, time-only watch has been so profound – it's a revelation. Now, that's a big claim, but I've been fortunate enough to spend a fair amount of time with the Longines Heritage Classic L2.828.4.73.2, so let me walk you through how this conclusion has been reached. It starts with the…

The post HANDS-ON: The Longines Heritage Classic appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...