Everyone's first Rolex purchase is important —*it's a milestone that, for most, carries with it a great amount of pride and sense of accomplishment. And for almost all of us out there lucky enough to have bought their inaugural timepiece from the legacy watchmaker, it isn't something that was entered into lightly; we have known for ages before the purchase which exact model we were going to buy. However, Joseph's first Rolex purchase was … somewhat anomalous, shall we say. Rolex, I guess, is a staple in every collector's stable. As for me, for as long as I can remember, I have been aware of the prestige the brand commands. The interesting part, though, is that I never liked them. And when I say them, I mean their "sports watches" (before y'all hyperventilate with the insane ridiculousness of this statement, you gotta realise that to me, uniqueness of a watch as a complete product —*so dial, straps, lugs, pretty much everything visual about a watch —*is what makes collecting interesting). This particular Rolex, a simple Oyster Perpetual 36, is something that I saw in a window display while passing by. I am sure other watch enthusiasts would agree, it was…

The post What Sealed The Deal – Joseph's Rolex Oyster Perpetual 36 appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...