Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potential Purchase: 1967 Sporto

I see 10d left - was it relisted?
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

Did you read 10 DAYS or 10 HOURS left? Are you sure it's the same Zenith Calibre 40 that you were looking at because it's close to expiring.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

It did not sell, but was re-listed at its same price for another seven days. I attempted to contact the seller but have not yet heard back.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    It did not sell, but was re-listed at its same price for another seven days. I attempted to contact the seller but have not yet heard back.

-hayday
    Hopefully he will contact you. A seller who does not answer a legitimate question is either sketchy or lazy. IMO, neither deserve your money.

Dan

5. Likes hayday, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Still no contact, still no bids on the watch. I'm letting this one go, chalking it up to "buying the seller, not the item." Plus, I already found and purchased a GP Sea Hawk.

-hayday

Actually, it looks okay to me. One can never tell about dials, even those with flaws, without a powerful loupe or even a microscope. Even the factory would freshen up a dial during a full service.

In the original (pre-relisted) ad, I saw words that did not seem to be proper English usage. "Shield" = "Dial"? Made me wonder about where the seller really was.

But what's fatal to me is the 33mm diameter.

Rick "who wouldn't mind a Zenith birth-year watch, but so far has not seen likely candidates" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

8. Likes hayday liked this post
    Rick-

I tried contacting the seller but never heard back. Also, the watch has twice gone through auction without a single bid. Something doesn't seem quite right. Either way, I'm taking a pass. I have my Sea Wolf back from service and a Sea Hawk on the way so I'm doing pretty well. I also got seven new straps this week, including my first leather NATO. Don't know why I didn't get one of these sooner.

-"happy with what I've got and with what I've got on the way" hayday
    Last edited by hayday; Jun 12, 2015 at 01:35 AM.

10. Likes Rdenney liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Still no contact, still no bids on the watch. I'm letting this one go, chalking it up to "buying the seller, not the item." Plus, I already found and purchased a GP Sea Hawk.

-hayday
    Not sure what is wrong with the seller. Whilst I cannot disagree with what Rdenney says, the lack of a cooperative seller is a deal killer for me.

Dan

12. Likes hayday, Rdenney liked this post