Likes Likes:  792
Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Astronomy

Glorious today isn't it!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

2. Likes popoki nui liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    One thing I would like to have a good camera for would be to photograph the moon. It was looking sensational last night when it had risen, a rich buttery yellow against the deep deep deep deep blue sky

oh, is the moon too close to count as astronomy?
    Nope! The moon counts as astronomy! Almost any camera will do. Give it a try.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Beautiful image!

Quote Originally Posted by Colin63 View Post
    Here's a shot of the moon that I took a few years ago.

Attachment 21208
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

I love difference between the number of stars catalogued (945 million) and the number of planets we know about (about 2,000)
    And barely 20 years ago, we had no confirmed exoplanets at all. Then there was one...then a few, and with better techniques and instruments in the last decade...we're into the thousands. It appears that almost every star in our galaxy could have at least one planet.

Yeah....space is definitely cool.

7. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Nope! The moon counts as astronomy! Almost any camera will do. Give it a try.

~Sherry.
    I've only got my phone.....and I get a nice small white circle in the middle of the photo

I have a clear view E and SE from my seventh floor flat so I get great views of the moon as it builds up to full moon, especially over the winter

eg

Last edited by Der Amf; Jun 4, 2015 at 03:36 PM.

9. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    I've only got my phone.....and I get a nice small white circle in the middle of the photo

I have a clear view E and SE from my seventh floor flat so I get great views of the moon as it builds up to full moon, especially over the winter

eg

Neat shot! Another fun thing to try is shooting the moon through a pair of binoculars. Even a pair of those little pocket-sized binocs will work. Just put the phone's camera lens up to the one of the binoc's eyepiece, focus the binocular, and try snapping away with the different camera settings on the phone. Can be a little fiddly at first, but you can get some great moon images!

~S.

11. Likes Der Amf, Seriously, pepperami liked this post
    When there's a full moon I always get this lovely feeling that the same moonbeams shining down on me are shining down on friends on other continents. Why I don't feel this about the moon at other times of the month, or indeed about the sun, I dunno. There's something very cosy about a full moon, I guess

13. Likes scottjc, popoki nui liked this post
    Yes, the full moon is beautiful, but also annoying for astronomers. Bright moonlight makes imaging faint objects virtually impossible for almost half of every month. This is when we sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Beautiful image!
    Thanks.
    There's nothing important to read here.