Likes Likes:  58
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omega Dynamic

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Btw, assuming the strap is of the same quality as the original was, it is extremely durable and, in that sense, one of the best leather straps I've ever had.

I believe it is the original strap, and has been on the watch since it left the factory. The sturdiness of the strap is the one thing that has surprised me about the watch. It’s quite a heavyweight, in a Breitling kind of way.

2. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    It's really just good fun isn't it? It makes me smile, as I think it does for you.

Just please let me know when you decide you have too many watches again, because I could certainly imagine you'll get a Puritanical cleaning streak some time again in the future.

The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour.

Yes, the Dynamic is a ‘just because’ watch, and the ‘because’ is that it makes me smile.

This is the official family photo at the moment -

Name:  445D395A-B958-4706-851A-8835C58787AE.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  93.2 KB

My itsa bitsa Mission Timer was elbowed aside when the Breitling quartz turned up, and will probably be passed on at some point. Plus, I have the vintage Memovox, the IWL watch and a G-Shock.

I have a twelve-slot watch box and get twitchy when there’s more than a couple in the bottom row. Giving away two G-Shocks in the recent raffle was a great help.

4. Likes Greg, iyonk, skywatch, mlcor, CFR, Strela167 liked this post
    Congrats Alan on a very nice pickup! I've always loved the Chrono version of this watch, and had completely forgot that it was available as a 3-hander!

Very nice, and the matching date wheel font makes this one even more fun imo. This sample that you picked up looks brand spankin' new! Enjoy!
    Cheers,

Chris

6. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Congrats Alan!
    the Dynamic is just pure class and look honestly stunning on your wrist...
    if a watch make you smile -- then it is worth to keep and to be wear with pride..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

Quote Originally Posted by stew77 View Post
    Congrats Alan on a very nice pickup! I've always loved the Chrono version of this watch, and had completely forgot that it was available as a 3-hander!

Very nice, and the matching date wheel font makes this one even more fun imo. This sample that you picked up looks brand spankin' new! Enjoy!

Thanks!

It is indeed like getting a new watch. I’m breaking in a twenty-two year old strap.

9. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    Congrats Alan!
    the Dynamic is just pure class and look honestly stunning on your wrist...
    if a watch make you smile -- then it is worth to keep and to be wear with pride..

Thank you - but no dibs?

11. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Thank you - but no dibs?
    LOL!

i honestly thank you for a great laugh in this middle of the night! i need it..

i knew if i DIBS on this particular one, i got to fly my self to UK to pick it up from you!
    well, lets just say if there's ever a chance i could join a GTG in UK, i will purchase that beauty from you -- and you could keep that strap...

when i was in Singapore last weekend, most people i met wore expensive luxury watches.. from $8500 Panerai to assortment of Rolex..
    i wore a Seiko Diver, and during the trip... no one ever notice or look at my watch...
    makes me curious and wonder... would people notice if i ever wore an expensive watch?... i personally don't think so.. in fact i would get nervous break down if i ding or scratch it..

back to your point... wear what make you smile -- regardless the price
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

13. Likes tribe125, skywatch, Greg, mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    ... would people notice if i ever wore an expensive watch?... i personally don't think so..
    I tend to agree--unless you run into another watch lover. No one has ever commented on any watch I've worn, except one--a hygienist at the dentist's office who liked my (not particularly expensive) WUS tourbillon...

The trick with more expensive watches is to just wear them anyway--no point in worrying about dings. As you said, if it makes you smile, regardless of the price, wear it. Otherwise what's the point of having it? It's not like they're paintings to be hung on a wall...

15. Likes iyonk liked this post

Nice one Alan!
    A great find in fabulous condition, and good to see how the ‘family’ are doing too
    Enjoy your new watch!
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

17. Likes tribe125, JAGtime liked this post
    Re people noticing your watch, a guy at a bookshop, my WIS doctor and my old boss noticed mine
    My boss looked at me funny, like it wasn’t what he was expecting me to wear, but didn’t say anything
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

19. Likes iyonk, mlcor liked this post