Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A picture just for Seriously - really you don't want to see this!

I'm in private practice but do a wide range- fillings, crowns , bridges, implant placement and restoration, root canal and oral surgery - wisdom teeth removal.
    Not the usual North America model but what I have always done.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

2. Likes popoki nui, T Bone liked this post
    Ninja dentist Name:  karate07.gif
Views: 75
Size:  7.6 KB

(I'm still not looking at OP picture )

4. Likes T Bone liked this post
    My roommate just had a lunch, stepped out for a smoke and on his way back peeked at the screen "What is that? YEeewwww!!!!"
    I think i heard him puking in the washroom!

"Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of travelling." Margaret Lee Runbeck.

6. Likes Seriously, popoki nui, MarkO liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Massive, pretty much the entire palate and through the bone above the teeth at the front - all from one dead front tooth that had been left 10+ yrs untreated. I reality no bone left between his mouth and nose just thick mucosa (palate skin)
    Damn!

Cool pic

So what now? You take all that out? I'm guessing something needs to be inserted now?
    Joe

Omega / Rolex / Oris / Citizen / Seiko / Alpina / G Shock

Quote Originally Posted by jraul7 View Post
    Damn!

Cool pic

So what now? You take all that out? I'm guessing something needs to be inserted now?

No, root fill the tooth and keep it - it's actually in pretty good shape. Then keep draining the pus and giving antibiotics until infection gone.
    The palate will probably never reform so no stabbing things through the palate into the nose.

I'm glad I went to the dentist this morning instead of tomorrow morning after seeing this!

That's pretty nasty, but all things considered I think he's pretty lucky, that surely could have been a lot worse.

Yep, could be much worse - I was going to post a pic but thought may be over the top - If you really want more then Google Maggots in the gums.........

Nitrile gloves - bah!

It was more fun when I started - we did things without gloves in '83.
    Nothin' like seeing dried puss/blood under a nail while you're eating to make you sure you chose the right profession..

Quote Originally Posted by Donf View Post
    Nitrile gloves - bah!

It was more fun when I started - we did things without gloves in '83.
    Nothin' like seeing dried puss/blood under a nail while you're eating to make you sure you chose the right profession..
    Ewww

I don't think I have ever worked without gloves, even when training.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Ninja dentist Name:  karate07.gif
Views: 75
Size:  7.6 KB

(I'm still not looking at OP picture )
    I take it you avoided BBC1 @ 9pm tonight then?